Poor service

I just wanted to post here as this morning i managed to have a chat session with ms and have been left disgusted. I have in the last few weeks lost all respect and loyalty to the ms brand. I have for the past 20 odd years been a faithful chapion of the brand but will no longer use any products. I would first of like to admit my troubles have been of my own consiquence through my understanding of ms terms. My first trroubles started witth my laptop, i know this is irrelevant here but has been one other factor to my problems, i was advised but third party tech to restore factory settings. This caused my to lose my ms office 2007, so ineeded to re install but had lost my product key. As i bought this several years earlier i no longer had this nor recipt of purchase, i understood there was nothing that could be done but still left me a little sour. Second part that really broke the camels back. I was given an xbox 360 last year and decided to sign up to live gold service, evrything seemed to be going well until i wished to end the service. Each time i tried to do this i found a popup sayin i had found a bug and was unable to display the page. I did manage to find out that you needed to cancel your auto renewal, which i couldnt find (again my fault) so i cancelled my payments from the bank. As i thought this was a pay in advance service i thought this was the end of gold sservice and i could still use arcade services and such. today i was given a ms points gift from a friend who said there was a game i should try with the money, so trying this i was informed of an error. Again after finding many bug pages i managed to have the afore mentioned chat session where i was informed my account was frozzen and i would need to pay more money if i wished to use the free service provided. I explained what i had done to try to cancel my subscrption but would no longer care to use ms services. I asked if he could pass my thought to his approprate managment team. The advisor gave me a link to a forum and asked me to post there, when i clicked the link, suprise suprise, i found another bug (perhaps i should check ms services for bugs as i seem to encounter alot). Our chat session ended in sarcastic comments from adviser and has left me incredibly dissapointed, also my freind that gave me the voucher some what upset. Hopefully some member of the customer service team will read this, as advised by my chat this morning, though i doubt it... It saddens me to say my time as a windows and xbox user has come to an end with such a foul end, i will not pay a ransom to rectify a problem that with clearer support could have been avoided. good bye ms, i will now invest my time and money in apple and sony. AVOID MICROSOFT AT ALL COSTS!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I appreciate that onyx, as I wrote I was in the wrong and I didn't post here for help. I posted here as I was told by the handler of the chat service I used today that the forum he supplied a broken link to is monitored by persons interested in feedback, as I stated and have noted that seems to not be the case. I am no way denying I am at fault I just came to expect more from ms. Like I also said I have always been a keen consumer of their products and customer service. For example I had Windows 95 installed by a 3rd party computer shop, I soon began experiencing problems with the new os, when I contacted customer care I was informed the copy installed was not an official copy, yet I was treated with kindness and still given support. Today I felt like I was something stepped in. I suppose in today's disposable society this is what I can come to expect for a lifetime of using one company's product. I run my own business where customer service is my key attribute, if I treated my customers the same way I feel after speaking to an ms representative I would be out of business rather sharply. I would like to thank you for your reply.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to recommend giving phone support another try.  This time though ask for Billing or if the issue can be escalated.  Perhaps if you explain what happened to someone else they may be able to work with you for a resolution.  

I wish someone here could help out more but that's the only suggestion I can think of.

Good luck and happy gaming to you no matter which route you decide to take.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear it.  However, as per the ToU of the service, when you purchase a membership online via the console or website it will automatically set to auto renew unless you cancel the membership.  Cancelling payments on your card is not the same thing as cancelling the membership and you will still be charged an amount which you need to pay.

If you wanted to cancel the account and couldn't do it from the console or website you should have called phone support to do so.

As it stands now you do owe money for the unpaid portions of your membership which must be paid back prior to using your account again.  As this is a billing issue you must speak with phone support as only they can handle billing issues.  You were sent to the forums in error as no one here will be able to do anything to assist you.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

Sorry this didn't help.