Poor image quality when using a PC Monitor.

Hello,

I have a very confusing situation, where i think i have tried all the options i know of, and my helpful support chat guy. With the release of GTA5 i have hooked up my xbox 360 elite again.

When using my xbox through my 1080p 22" monitor i get really poor resolutions and image quality. I am using a HDMI to DVI cable, of which i have tried two and both on my two monitors. The resolution is set to 1080, and i have tried changing the reference levels.

I have tried my xbox 360 on my 1080p tv, and it works perfectly, although i am using a straight hdmi to hdmi cable. The image quality is very similar to when you put your resolution on a game on the pc alot lower then your monitor/desktop resolution, lots of jaggies, AA problems and wish washy graphics as well as shimmering textures, the most noticeable is on bins, benches, trees edges of buildings and rails and anything with some sort of fine lines/detail

To give you an idea of what the image looks like, it looks just the same as GTA vice city!! It's like running at 480p.

The thing that i thought that it was, was the fact that display discovery is turned on and perhaps its altering my settings to ones that i do not want. I have tried turning this off but all i get is a reboot to a blank screen and i have to reset the display settings to work again.

I have tried googling, to no fix and speaking to the really helpful ambassador. but can't seem to fix it.

Please find a link to an imgur album of some photos, to give you an idea of what the quality is like. http://imgur.com/a/DMLVv and this is just stationary, when you move everything shimmers with the massive AA and low resolution issues.

Thanks in advance,

Sparky

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 187 Applies to:

Judging by your description, I would assume that either your monitor simply doesn't support HDMI to DVI conversion, or there is something wrong with the cable.  Does your monitor only support DVI?

Perhaps you could provide us with the exact make and model of this  monitor?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The monitors that I have are benq g2222hdl. I have two of these and use my though one of tben through the same hdmi to dvi cable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, a better option may be to use an xbox to VGA cable and a VGA to DVI adapter. Those hdmi to dvi cables can cause all sorts of issues.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am using a straight up hdmi cable on my asus ve248q and have the same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Sultan! It sounds like the issue you're experiencing is slightly different than the original poster's. Would you mind starting a new thread explaining what's going on, and what steps you tried? We'll be able to offer the best help that way.

Sorry this didn't help.