Polk 4 Shot vs TB Ear Force Atlas

OKay, so I'm in no hurry to get either but the upcoming Xbox One headsets are looking really promising and you can't beat a good headset with a good FPS. Anyway, both the Polk 4 Shot and Ear Force Atlas (Titanfall Edition Turtle Beach) are roughly the same price, seem to offer very similar features and are both designed for Xbox One so I'm a bit torn between the two really?

-

I'm not asking for buying advice as such which would you choose and why?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

im actually hoping they have a headset that will work for both ps4 and xbox one...so im holding out.

[quote user="U Go 6 FT BeLOW"]im actually hoping they have a headset that will work for both ps4 and xbox one...[/quote]I'm not seeing a reason the 4 Shot won't work with the DS4. Check out the user manual.

I've pre-ordered a 4 Shot from Polk. Figure I'll have a dedicated headset and an adapter in one package.

I was going to do that with 360 and PS3 but it seems that you can never get a headset where chat will work on both consoles :(

If you need all-wireless on all four consoles, you'll want a wireless headset that works with the 360/PS3/PC and then the chat adapter for Xbox One. The PS4's DS4 controller has a chat/headset connector built into the controller already.

Personally I would go with the 4 Shot. I've never felt the need to buy a gaming specific headset before but I'm seriously considering getting a pair of the 4 Shots. My entire surround sound system is made up of Polk speakers and they sound amazing. Polk is known for producing high quality audio components at a reasonable price.

U Go, ICESTORM is right, since the headset is also designed to be used with mobile devices you'll be able to plug it right into a DS4 since it doesn't have a proprietary input like the X1 controller. 

that is good news, heading to pre order one now

thous polk 4 aint 5.1 though

[quote user="N7 Gh0stz"]thous polk 4 aint 5.1 though[/quote]In general, the surround field is not determined by the headset but by what it attaches to. There are very few multi-driver headsets. If I plug the Polk headset into an Astro MixAmp, it will be what you term "5.1"

I was in turmoil on which ones to get to.  Went through 5 sets of headsets on the 360 from the X11-X41, and stopped back on the DX11 which was the 7.1 surround sound wired headset.  Since then it was discontinued,  and honestly its was just the X11 with the mixer.   Being no reviews on any of the new headsets,  I didn't want to go through all the experimenting again,  and what I found out was that Xbox One exclusives are nothing special except they have the adapter.  Once Polk and Turtle Beach confirmed for me the adapter is the only thing that makes them exclusive,  I broadened my search to all Xbox headsets.  After so many reviews on so many different headsets,  I just went all in on the Astro A50's.  Figured I would only do it once this time around hopefully,  or at least until they break.

Most of you have a lot more experience at what is "good" (I know its personal taste) but I have not been able to find out any real tech specs for the Polk 4s. I assume that they will be some sort of multichannel stereo. If that's the case, are they sufficient to get good "game" sounds???

SwampDawgg