Plz help me. Lag for 2 years now!!!

so ive had lag for a lot of YEARS now. Ive teied everything. Open nat wired to router (ive got a tplink wr1043nd and a sitecom) and all kinds of other ***. Lately ive found the solution: wiring my xbox to my modem. It works totaly fine but i wont have wifi on my phone and my parents want wifi aswell so thats not an option( i cant connect my router and my xbox to the modem at thesane time)

so: what does this mean? Should i buy a new router since wired to router= lag, wired to modem= no lag.  Or is there a way to connect router and xbox to a modem.

Plz help. Ive tried stuff for like one year straight and im finaly close to ending this problem but im just not yet done because it isnt totaly fixed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It definitely sounds like a router problem.  If you can connect to the modem and it works fine then the only device between your xbox and the modem is the router.  If you are using it wireless try it wired.  Also, try a different cable going between the router and the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah wired or wireless, the lag was thesame. And i used 2 different wires. So we can conclude that its a router problem. Isnt there a way to connect 2 things to a modem? Because the modem has 4 ports..

Sorry this didn't help.

That is a modem/router comb and if configured properly all the routing capabilities will have been completely disabled.  That is definitely something to check on.  Either you or you ISP needs to login to that device and make sure it is configured as a modem and none of the routing features are enabled.  That could definitely be contributing to your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oke thanks, so i need to disable routing capabilities on my modem?...  Il look into it, thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes,  it has to only be functioning as a modem.  

Sorry this didn't help.

so i did some research and i found out that my modem is a genexis hybrid and it seems te be a modem and not a router(not sure there but on multiple sites it didnt mention anything about routers) an most intresting, you cant login to this modem. its not accesable. there is a guide somewere, ifollowed that but it didnt work and on multiple forums it stated that it cant be accesed. so im basicly srewed.                               what do you think, are there any other options to check how i can fix this or should i just buy a better router(since(ONCE AGAIN) wired to both my routers= lag, wired to modem is not)

Note: i had a tplink router and a sitecom. both gave me lag but the lag was different and one was worse then the other (wich makes me believe that a better router wil be laggles( correct me if im wronh)

note no.2: btw before the genexis hybrid i had a packetfront modem, but on both modems it had thesame lag.

Sorry this didn't help.

If  the modem has 4 ports then it is a modem/router combo device sometimes called a gateway.  I am convinced that device is your issue.  Can you get your ISP to login and configure that device?

genexis.eu/.../hybrid

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the link their it indeed says that this device has routing capabilities. Ill tru to contact my isp but their the type of support who is like: are you sure that the device is on? Check that and cal back later(always finding different *** to keep you busy

Sorry this didn't help.

hey do you reckon you could help me i have the same router as zheqii and for the last month i have had lag but it seems to stop around 11pm uk time. You would think its just bad internet but my speeds are fine but when i do a check on xbox i get 1% packet loss and the latency is around 160 the 2 months before this is had 0 lag any of the time.i realy dont know what to do as ive tried everything possible.Please reply if possible thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive got no clue sorry. Atleast it stopz at a time. Ive got that my whole xbox career and in so done. I want it fixed but i cant help you. Sorry

Sorry this didn't help.