PLZ HELP: HDTV setup issue

I just got a DYNEX 1080p LCD VT for a gift and I'm having trouble setting it up to my first gen white xbox 360. I switched it from TV to HDTV on the av cable and i plugged in the red blue and green wires where they're suppose to go but for some reason the sound wont work. I'm also trying to setup my turtle beach x11 headset but that can wait till i get the sound to come out pf the TV at least first. Am i doing something wrong or missing something. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey mista.

Could you take a look at this, its a step by step guide to setting up your xbox 360 to a TV.
Start by selecting your cables then it will walk you through the process.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i was lookin thru the support section and all i could find was info on the 360 S version. guess i didnt look hard enough. thank you very much Grey. problem solved and im a happy gamer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Anytime Mista, hope your games look & sound sharp on your new TV.

Good gaming mate.

Sorry this didn't help.

If ur tv has an HDMI port hook ur xbox to ur tv with that. Its easy to setup and gives you a  better video quality. They run between 20 and 30 dollars. Hope this helped!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="MISTA STEEZY"]...I switched it from TV to HDTV on the av cable and i plugged in the red blue and green wires where they're suppose to go but for some reason the sound wont work.

[/quote]

The red/blue/green cables only carry (HD-)Video signals. In order to get sound, you need to also plug in the red and white plugs from the "other" cable end. Just leave the yellow plug dangling.

[quote user="MISTA STEEZY"]...

I'm also trying to setup my turtle beach x11 headset but that can wait till i get the sound to come out pf the TV at least first. ...

[/quote]

Take the red/white cables of the console's cable, and plug them into the red/white splitter cable of the headset with the green plug at the other end.Plug the splitter cable into the red/white audio plugs of your TV.

Connect the green plug of the headset into that cable, and let the pink cable disconnected. Connect the Headset to a Xbox USB port for power. Connect the "bent" end of the Xbox headset connection cable of the headset into your Xbox controller, and the "straight" end into the Xbox Jack of the headset's control box.

Sorry this didn't help.