Please save my old gamertag!!

My XBox 360 died last night and I bought a new on and transferred all the info on to the new one. Now I cannot get on to my main gamertag profile because it has been 5 years since I used it. I have game saves and purchased games on this and really don't want to lose them. I thought my ID was my current e-mail but it will not work, it brings up an old account I never play on (this one). I called XBox support and they suggested I try this forum. There should be no credit card info attached to the account since I never had an XBox gold account, only a silver (free) account. Please help! I know my gamertags and if we could merge these profiles I would be very very happy! Thank you for our time! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well, there is no option to merge accounts, Gold, Silver or console...sorry about that.  However, I must point out that your main tag is still around...even if it has been 5 years since you used it.  Once you make a GT, it stays in the system from now on...at least until MS decides to create a plan to delete ones that have not been used.  There was an annoucement back in 2009 about such a plan for the old Xbox GTs, but I never heard anymore about it.   The only way to access it however, is to call Support and go thru their account verification process...either via phone or email.  I suggest the email, since obviously you have forgotten both the WLID and password of the main, 5-yr old GT.  This way you can research the answers.  Either you will answer the required questions to MS' satisfaction or you won't.  In the former, you will be given a link to sent to any email you give them to reset the password and then you will have your main GT back.  In the latter, they can't do anything for you.  The good news is that you can continue to try...some years ago I had an account I was trying to access that I did not know either part and it took me 6 months and some 6 email forms to get it back.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.