Please remove the parental thing!

I accidentally put myself as a child account and I put a fake adult account. I can't put Microsoft Points in without the parental approval. Can anyone PLEASE remove it, I have the fake GT. All I'm asking is to put my account as an adult and remove the adult fake account. I can give it if this is possible thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 129 Applies to:

Guys, what I just need it to promote my child account to adult. I have no idea on how to do this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You need to wait until the child account's age reaches 18, then you will be able to promote it to an adult account.

You can't change the birthday you originally entered.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unless the age of the child account is 18, there is no way to promote the account to an adult. It is really the only thing that can't be changed about your account. Once your age is set, it can't ever be changed. I would suggest, if you don't want to make a new account, trying to recover the password for the fake parent account that you created if you don't know it. If you don't know the email for it, it is possible that support (1-800-4-MYXBOX) can assist you in recovering it. But, if all of the info that you put into the parent account is fake, then you are going to have a diffucult time recovering anything about the account.

Long story short, there isn't a way to change your age and there isn't a way to promote a child account that isn't already 18 years old. Sorry.

Hope that this helps!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I do know the e-mail. I wrote down everything about the parent account. However, JUST the password needs to be entered. Luckily, my birthday is one month away, so I'll be 18 by then. I'll try to get a new password for the fake account by just using a new Yahoo password.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi noobsforlife5,

We can't really support creating a fake adult account for a child account, but for the adult account, you may consider going to 'Reset Your Password' and see if you can set up a new password for it. Let us know. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I did remember the password and e-mail, so I got the parental thing fixed and I was able to add MSP. But just to be clear, when my account turns 18, it will be automatically an adult account and I will no longer have a parental permission to do certain stuff? I was new to Xbox LIVE, so I just did stuff to quickly play online, that's why. I got the fake adult account info, so if this is possible, I might just post the information to Microsoft to get that account removed if that's possible and if it won't affect me account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for double post.

-

It let me put MSP into my accout using the fake adult account, but when using Yahoo, it didn't let me login. Is there a way to remove the parental fake account and put mine as an adult? I am hoping I don't have problems like this in the future, so that is why I'm asking this now.

-

One more, do I put  "find parent account" option? Because it does not say an "Online safety" option for me in my settings, so am I really in control of a parental account?

Sorry this didn't help.

It won't let me edit, so again, sorry for triple post.

-

My age is 19, so, is the parental option removed?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you age out of a child account to an adult account, it doesn't automatically promote you, unfortunately. You are going to have to do it manually. Go to Settings then Account, and you should see an option that will allow you to 'Promote to Adult'. Once you do that, the parental account is removed. Just so you know, you are going to need a valid credit card to be able to promote to adult to prove your age.

If the account isn't aged enough then you won't see the option and you are going to have to hold on to that parental password and email for a little while longer.

Best of luck to you!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.