Please Remove "kinect unplugged" notifications from always on

I know my kinect is unplugged....there have been more then a few reports of people hearing other peoples voices talking to their own kinects on the original persons speakers.  This means the kinect is NOT keeping what it gathers on the users xbox but it is able to send it out across the internet for who knows to hear/see.  This is a total invasion of privacy and I unplugged my kinect.  So now i get to see a "kinect is unplugged" message on my homepage ALL the time?  Just notify me once and I check "don't notify me again".  There is no reason I need to be spammed with no kinect plugged in when it can invade peoples privacy and shouldnt even be sold in America based on our own constitution. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you go into your settings, you can turn off the kinect all together without unplugging it at all.  The reason you hear peoples voices through a kinect is because they set it up to work that way, plain and simple.

you cannot turn off this notification..nor am i going to plug this anti-privacy device in.  How about they just remove this notification from always being on since that is what the majority of the people unplugging them will eventually want.  How long would you like to stare at the same message on your homescreen for?  Also, they setup the kinect to let you hear what other people from miles away are saying to their kinects?  

What he is talking about is hearing voices on his Xbox1 without playing a game or doing anything. I have akso heard voices of other people playing games and talking to their xbox1. Sounds like MS screwed up some networking on the servers and sometimes we are gettin cross chat.

People are so paranoid anymore. What are you doing that you think 'big brother' is gonna waist precious time watching you for? I guarantee you that if you were to shout terroristic threats at your kinect nothing would happen. They can spy on me I really don't care if they see me half named or doing something questionable

its not so much about paranoia with me as it is principle, business tactics, and standing up for freedoms when corporations/government try to limit them and/or violate them...you can brush everyone off as paranoid,crazy, or whatever your simple mind wants to, but the truth is what it is.  

you are amazing , it is people like you that are true victims in life because you act like it is not a big deal and the whole time they are walking all over you and your god given rights and you don't care until it is to late because know one said anything so we lost all personal freedom.

They don't care 'cus they got a shiny new game system & can wave their arms around & shout at it to maybe get it to do what they want.

Yeah maaaaaaan.

I agree, it is quite irritating to see it flashing constantly.  I wasn't even planning on taking the thing out of the box until I read it is REQUIRED for set up of the X1, pathetic!  I packed it back in the box after playing RYSE and Dead Rising 3 for the first time because I knew it would be useless to me.  I would like the "auto sign in" feature brought back too MS, I have no interest in the kinect, so why should yet another feature from the 360 be unavailable to me because of that?

It is available to you just keep the kinect plugged in