Please read xbox has broke for 6th time in like 4 or 5 years (long but is very true)

k you guys so let me ask you this... Why is it that microsoft wants me to pay another 120$ out of my own pocket to fix my xbox 360 for the 6th time now i mean come on its fricking rediculus.  I first started out with a normal xbox pro consol that i got for my birthday and i played the thing for 2 HOURS, I wake up the next morning and what do i see when i turn it on? THE RED RINGS OF DEATH, and i had only played the thing for fricking 2 hours i mean thats dumb.  so i had to go and get that fixed thank god it was under warrenty. then about like 3 months later my console breaks again and i forgot what it was from then i had to wait 3 weeks for that to get repared, then it broke again like 6 months later, then again and again like 3 or 4 more times and the time before this time wehn it broke i called up xbox and they tried to tell me that i would have to pay 120$ to get my xbox fixed and my parents were like you know what were just going to go out and get you a new refurbished xbox from gamesstop and well sell them your broke one.  So we did that and i got a new xbox on christmas day and now its like 2 months latter and my xbox has broke again. Now before it broke again i went to gamestopwitht the money that i got for my birthday and went out and bought Crisas 2, and batman and my gf bought me BF3 and when i play the games it will freeze in the middle of the games and then i have to restart my xbox, so i called up xbox and the FIRST time i called them they said that it was something with thte game disk and they say that OHHH it happens ALL THE TIME just go back to gamestop and get a new disk for each one of the games so i did that and what do you know they still freeze so i call them up again and they tell me that its just that the games wont work on the account that im playing on (i had to make a new gtag because at the time my account got banned FOR 2 WEEKS for having the word @@@ in it!?) and that when i get my main account back i should be able to play the games just fine.  So i was of course happy for that because i mean if not i just wasted a *** ton of money on games i cant even play.  so i wake up this morning and my acount is unbanned so the first thing i do is get on BF3 after 30 SECONDS the game froze so im like wtf because THE DISK IS BRAND NEW, so the i try Crysis and the same thing happens then i try Batman and it froze again after a sertain amount of time so then i was like oh well ill try those games latter so i got on GOW3 that ive had for 5 months and havent had a problem with it and the same thing happens so im just like wtf is this bs so i call up xbox and am on the phone with them for 2 AND A HALF HOURS and then they tell me oh well your xbox is going to need to be repaired and you have to pay another 120$ to do this and so now im pist and im like is there anyother thing i can try and this guy tells me about how i should wipe EVERYTHING off my hardrive and then redown load it and this is like 66gb of games and gamesaves i have on it and he said that i would loose all of my gamesaves and everything on the xbox so now im just like WTF.  This is so wrong why should i have to pay 120$ to get my xbox console fixxed for the SIXTH TIME.  Why doesnt xbox just say oh well im sorry that were stupid and can make a console that doesnt break every 6 months and have to have you buy a new one after youve spent so much time on xbox and xbl trying to just have fun and it breaks on you and i mean the economy is horrible i dont want to have to pay no 120$ for something that i didnt even have to do with.  is there anyway that someone could help me out here or something and comment on this if you have had stupid things like this happen to you before also.  and FYI if they tell me that i have to buy a new console im just going togo out and buy myself a ps3 because ime not about to waste more money for either a new xbox or a repare to just have the damn thing break like 3-6 months latter then have to pay more money for it.

thank you guys for taking the time to read this i know that it just seems like i complain alot but i mean really come on we all know youd be just as pist off if the same thing happend to you

<3 My Crayolas

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

read the first line and gave up.

Your LIVE name or whatever you call it fits you very well.  Don't ever change it.

I agree with Crayolas 100% as the 360 has proven time and time again that it is a weak, shoddy build and MS is taking advantage of that fact for financial gain.

And don't blame the OP for not having paragraphs, you and I both know that when they changed this website they ruined it's functionality and that's why the original 50 thousand posters that use to be solid contributors here have abandoned it like a half read copy of Gravity's Rainbow.

[quote user="ThriLL KapsuLE"]

I agree with Crayolas 100% as the 360 has proven time and time again that it is a weak, shoddy build and MS is taking advantage of that fact for financial gain.

And don't blame the OP for not having paragraphs, you and I both know that when they changed this website they ruined it's functionality and that's why the original 50 thousand posters that use to be solid contributors here have abandoned it like a half read copy of Gravity's Rainbow.

[/quote]

Capitalization, commas, periods, apostrophies, acceptable grammer, typing out all of a word.....it's more than just being on big paragraph that makes it unreadable.

You know what! That sounds odd to me. I haven't had a single problem with my 360. I play it quite a bit too!

Sorry to hear that though, I really am.

-Ghost Of Crete-

The first few waves of xbox 360s were notorious for breaking. You need to get one of the newer slim 360s, they are much more reliable. If you got a refurb from gamestop Im not surprised it broke.

Holy wall of text Batman! :-P

Anyway, I have had my Xbox (Jasper model) for quite sometime, other than it having the open tray error at one point, it's been a sturdy system.

[quote user="My Crayolas"]

k you guys so let me ask you this... Why is it that microsoft wants me to pay another 120$ out of my own pocket to fix my xbox 360 for the 6th time now i mean come on its fricking rediculus.  I first started out with a normal xbox pro consol that i got for my birthday and i played the thing for 2 HOURS, I wake up the next morning and what do i see when i turn it on? THE RED RINGS OF DEATH, and i had only played the thing for fricking 2 hours i mean thats dumb.  so i had to go and get that fixed thank god it was under warrenty. then about like 3 months later my console breaks again and i forgot what it was from then i had to wait 3 weeks for that to get repared, then it broke again like 6 months later, then again and again like 3 or 4 more times and the time before this time wehn it broke i called up xbox and they tried to tell me that i would have to pay 120$ to get my xbox fixed and my parents were like you know what were just going to go out and get you a new refurbished xbox from gamesstop and well sell them your broke one.  So we did that and i got a new xbox on christmas day and now its like 2 months latter and my xbox has broke again. Now before it broke again i went to gamestopwitht the money that i got for my birthday and went out and bought Crisas 2, and batman and my gf bought me BF3 and when i play the games it will freeze in the middle of the games and then i have to restart my xbox, so i called up xbox and the FIRST time i called them they said that it was something with thte game disk and they say that OHHH it happens ALL THE TIME just go back to gamestop and get a new disk for each one of the games so i did that and what do you know they still freeze so i call them up again and they tell me that its just that the games wont work on the account that im playing on (i had to make a new gtag because at the time my account got banned FOR 2 WEEKS for having the word @@@ in it!?) and that when i get my main account back i should be able to play the games just fine.  So i was of course happy for that because i mean if not i just wasted a *** ton of money on games i cant even play.  so i wake up this morning and my acount is unbanned so the first thing i do is get on BF3 after 30 SECONDS the game froze so im like wtf because THE DISK IS BRAND NEW, so the i try Crysis and the same thing happens then i try Batman and it froze again after a sertain amount of time so then i was like oh well ill try those games latter so i got on GOW3 that ive had for 5 months and havent had a problem with it and the same thing happens so im just like wtf is this bs so i call up xbox and am on the phone with them for 2 AND A HALF HOURS and then they tell me oh well your xbox is going to need to be repaired and you have to pay another 120$ to do this and so now im pist and im like is there anyother thing i can try and this guy tells me about how i should wipe EVERYTHING off my hardrive and then redown load it and this is like 66gb of games and gamesaves i have on it and he said that i would loose all of my gamesaves and everything on the xbox so now im just like WTF.  This is so wrong why should i have to pay 120$ to get my xbox console fixxed for the SIXTH TIME.  Why doesnt xbox just say oh well im sorry that were stupid and can make a console that doesnt break every 6 months and have to have you buy a new one after youve spent so much time on xbox and xbl trying to just have fun and it breaks on you and i mean the economy is horrible i dont want to have to pay no 120$ for something that i didnt even have to do with.  is there anyway that someone could help me out here or something and comment on this if you have had stupid things like this happen to you before also.  and FYI if they tell me that i have to buy a new console im just going togo out and buy myself a ps3 because ime not about to waste more money for either a new xbox or a repare to just have the damn thing break like 3-6 months latter then have to pay more money for it.

thank you guys for taking the time to read this i know that it just seems like i complain alot but i mean really come on we all know youd be just as pist off if the same thing happend to you

<3 My Crayolas

[/quote]

Sorry mate but , seriously the wall of writing unreadable  

I wish mine would break so I could use the new slim I received for christmas, darn old Elite just keeps on going!

Well, sorry dude.  I have 4 xboxes in the house and they all work great.  Well, the original has some read disc errors, but the other three are GREAT.  Bad luck, I'd say!