PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Give te XB1 the same media funtionality of the 360

i feel i have been ripped off with this new console i brought it mainly for the media funtionality (im not a big gamer) with the 360 i could access all my stored media from my NAS which also coupled as a DLNA server now i find i cannot access any of my media because there is no option to be able to load it so now im stuck with a console that does nothing and a NAS i can only access from my computer.

so in effect i have paid for a console which has been downgraded from the 360 that is completly useless to me other than to play a few games :-(

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm also disappointed with media functionality, but just remember it's early days and i have faith that Microsoft will add this later in a update.

Hold on, If you aren't bothered about the games and the 360 already did what you needed, why did you spend so much cash on a new games console?

I'm confused as to why you wanted the Xbox One in the first place mate. Was it the Kinect?

[quote user="SmokeDecky"]now i find i cannot access any of my media because there is no option to be able to load it[/quote]Have you tried Skifta as a way to send media from your DLNA server to the console?

Play To from Windows Media Player also works, though I find that it downgrades .mkv files to SD. mp4 files can be Play To'ed to the Xbox One without issue (at least, for standard audio/video. Haven't tried subtitles).

i wanted it because i believed it would have improved media features such as broarder codec support HD support ect

Skifta is good if i want to stream using a PC or Tablet or smartphone if i wanted to do that i would just watch it on either device why bother with the Xbox.

All my media is on a NAS (Buffalo Linkstation) it has its own built in DLNA server which worked brilliantly with the 360 so i didnt have to have my computer or tablet on 24 hrs a day in order to stream content.

As the NAS is always on and is a DLNA enabled device i could access my media any time without having to go through the whole turning on the computer waiting for it to start choosing the media file using the play to function and hoping that it works.

ive gone from 2 button presses to access my media to having what amounts to a good gaming machine that is useless to me

Hold on, If you aren't bothered about the games and the 360 already did what you needed, why did you spend so much cash on a new games console?

because i mistakenly thought they would have made improvements such as more Codec support ect ect

Dear Microsoft,

Why is it that people that bought your next generation Xbox One for the media functionality begging for the same media functionality of the 360?  

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

Dear Microsoft,

Why is it that people that bought your next generation Xbox One for the media functionality begging for the same media functionality of the 360?  

[/quote]Begging for improved media funcionality how could taking away the ability to browse your media files be an improvement ??

xbox one does need dlna support for sure.

xbox one is not perfect, but its got alot of potential for sure.

with that said, xbox one does what they said it would do... and doesnt do what they said it wouldnt do.  so while I dont deny the complaint, its hard to sympathize like people were tricked.