PLEASE MICROSOFT.....MAKE A KINECT-LESS BUNDLE

Come on MICROSOFT , now the X1 can work without the KINECT, just one more step and BAM!......A KINECT-LESS BUNDLE . Now that would be wounderful for us folks who are financially strapped. A price drop to say... $349.99 - $399.99 would be a Big help. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No MS please don't! Thanks

Kinectless bundle for $499.99!!!! XB1 even without Kinect is fairly priced at $500. Just because you don't want to spend the money doesn't mean MS needs to lower the price.

How about no...

will never happen if u cant afford it then go get a ps4

No I don't want my gaming experience crippled

Ok slight exageration but if the community is split some with and some without kinect then the features wont be put in game to benefit those that have kinect plugged in and so potential stuff that may be fun with kinect could be lost as the guarantee everyone has one is gone. 

If your financially strapped for $100 dont buy a luxury item such as gaming consoles.

[quote user="vG Ghostz"]

will never happen if u cant afford it then go get a ps4

[/quote]

And this is the reason why I have to argue on the forum with people like you.

You can't state that something will never happen unless you A) a prophet or B) MS executive. And you are nether.

If there are profits to be made out of it then MS will release kinectless version and will even make it cheaper. It all depends on how worth it is to do for them.

[quote user="Ookami Kurayami"]If there are profits to be made out of it then MS will release kinectless version and will even make it cheaper.[/quote]

So are you also a prohet and MS exec by making this statement?

[quote user="blinkerty blink"]

No I don't want my gaming experience crippled

Ok slight exageration but if the community is split some with and some without kinect then the features wont be put in game to benefit those that have kinect plugged in and so potential stuff that may be fun with kinect could be lost as the guarantee everyone has one is gone. 

[/quote]

And this is where you are wrong. Developers target audience for their games doesn't depend on kinect but on the game it self. Garbage game will remain garbage with no one buying even if you add some cool kinect options. Seeing this we can make calculations that developers will not gain more profit from adding kinect functions even with 100% adoption. So if there is no profit then why waste recources on adding these features. The answer is simple. FAN SERVICE. And that is where kinect adoption rate doesn't matter.

So don't expect developers to work on adding features to kinect 2 anymore often then what was done with original kinect.

Kinect core games on the other hand will be increasing in numbers. So long as dev's find out kinect 2 works by the end of the next gen or if the the more normal games can even be done with it.

Just wait for the slim version in 4 years sure it will be 100 cheaper.