Please let us reverse the functionality of the Guide button...

Or whatever that button is called on the Xbone controller. Home button? It was the guide button on the 360...

Anyway, as a very longtime Xbox 360 owner/player, I'm used to pressing that button in order to bring up the guide. Now obviously, the guide is very very different on the Xbox One, but just from muscle memory, I find myself popping out to the home screen more often than not when I simply try to open the guide to check friends and such.

Personally, I think it would be MUCH more useful if one tap opened the side menu, and a double-tap opened the Home screen. It would also make it slightly faster/easier to take screenshots/videos without Kinect.

A simple selection when remapping the controller is all it would take. An option like "swap guide button function" or something, that when selected, simply swaps the number of times you must press the button for the intended actions to take place.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I'm inclined to agree with your idea. In any case, I've always referred to it as "the Xbox button" since that's what I heard Major Nelson always call it. ;)

Hello "AnimaOblivionis"  :)

I too would prefer the Xbox 360 Guide but the Xbox One Guide is fine  :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "AnimaOblivionis"  :)

I'd love it if there was a similar guide thingy on One than the guide is on 360. It had everything I needed easily available with just a push of a button. No slow snapping or going to the home screen to scroll through a ton of stuff to find something. It's like Microsoft just loves to make things worse as years go by :(

It would seem all my voice commands are back with the newest update of the NXOE, so for me the "guide" button is a non issue.

Really, D33dles? I haven't tried it! Which ones work that didn't before?

Hello everyone  :)

I don't have the Kinect and navigating the Xbox One dashboard is fine  :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)