Please help

Hello, I was playing xbox live one day while running a wired connection and I kept getting disconnected from live every five to ten minutes some times even shorter. And I got fed up and unplugged my wire and ran off wireless and ever since I have had no problems. But I would like to run off a wire connection because it is actually faster to run. But either it kept disconnecting me or wouldn't even let me online I have also changed the wire countless times and tried it on laptops computers and everything and the wire is good. I have also port forwarded all my ports, My UPnP is on, My nat type is open, I have done everything that is suggested.. PLEASE HELP!!

Modem brand & model number: Linksys Cable Modem, CM100
Router brand & model number: Linksys, EA2700 EA2700EA2700 EA2700
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter:ICMP ERROR Have done what it has said dozens of times.
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Cox Cable
W: 0000 - 000B
X:  0000 - 000D
Y:  0000 - 0000
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: 0005 - 0001
L: 8015 - 100D
Q: 8015 - 100D
T: WIRED
D: 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4
S: No S listed
C: No C listed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well my xbox use to run just fine off wired connection I was running it off wired connection for almost a year no problem and then about august once I got back from a trip it just stopped running off wired connection. And I have tried everything other then hooking my modem straight up to my xbox which is kinda impossible because I have a networking room not in my gaming room. And the router I am connected to wireless is also my wired connection router it has both wire and wireless so I don't think the problem is with the router.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Howdy MindLess Ghost,

Is the ICMP error the only error that you are getting when you do the LIVE Connection test? Have you seen any others?

You've said you've tried all of the steps. Were those the steps from our support page for Error: Your router or gateway is not responding to ICMP responses?  If so, did you still get an ICMP error after the network hardware restart in Solution 1?  If not, what was the new error?  Did you find both your router and modem on the hardware compatibility list that is linked in Solution 2.  Also, what were the results when you tried the direct wired modem connection described in Solution 3?

Let us know what your results were from those steps. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Wireless? Do you have a Turtle Beach or Madkatz wireless headset, with a base station which plugs into a USB port on the Xbox? If so, disconnect it and try again. Do you have a cordless phone base station within 3 feet/one meter? If so, please move it further away and retry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Ghost!  I'm also wondering if there is something specific in that cord. Have you tried reversing the ends or using a different cord entirely? Also if there are multiple ports in that router that you're plugging into, please try a different port. We'll figure this out :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok the wire started working again in the xbox but now every couple of minutes I get disconnected from the party I am in and if I go off wired onto wireless I don't get disconnected. And It is also kicking me off xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry if I sound rude at all but honestly I am just upset that my wired side of the xbox wont run anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.

My apologies, got the two revered in my mind.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have changed different cords tried to reversing them all the same. And Yes there is different ports on the router but I have the router connected to port forwarder to then though out the house my computer runs off the same stuff and I have also tired the cord my computer has used.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah but my wireless runs great its my wired that doesn't. Wireless is the only damn thing that works anymore. The wired side of the xbox wont work.

And don't start telling me to do stuff without reading what I have already tried it goes through all the posts I have written on this topic..

Sorry this didn't help.