PLEASE HELP! Your Gamertag is not valid. Please sign in with another or recover gamertag.

So my family has two xboxes, one is an older one without xbox connection, and we just got a new one a few days ago (the new slim black one with 250gb/wireless connection). Anyways, I tried to recover my gamertag to the new xbox, but it was a really old version of my profile (many achievements weren't there, some games weren't there, etc.), so I deleted it from the new xbox's hard drive.  But I still want to update my profile, so I moved it via jump drive to the new xbox, and now my account is "not valid".  Everything I've looked up says to just recover my gamertag, but I'd really prefer not to, considering I'd lose many hours of gameplay.  Is there any way to make my profile "valid" again?  Because I DID delete it from the new xbox.  If anyone could tell me what I did wrong, and what I should do next, that would be very helpful.  I'd really appreciate it. 

Oh, I forgot to mention this in my complaint above, but right now, when I sign into xbox live, it says I have much less gamerscore than I should at the moment (xbox live says I have 14900 when I should have over 15300).  Thats a bad sign.  Once again, if there is anything I can do to fix it, it would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Plug the old xbox directly into your router, connect to xbox live with your account. This should update it on live's severs.

Now, recover it on the new xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.