Please help... Xbox Live Gold issue

I've been to the support chat, but the agents there just seem to not be able to solve, and they keep saying it's a temporary glitch, and they even said that ''Only users who have xbox live gold can log into xbox live''... That is incorrect of course, you guys will see what was said on the chat transcript.

info: Please wait for an agent to respond. 
The current average wait time is 6minutes. 
Thank you for your patience.

info: All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is  3  minutes. Thank you for your patience.
info: Privacy Statement 
You are now chatting with 'Romeo S.'

Romeo S.: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Romeo S.. How can I help you today?
Vitor: Hello, I have a reference number from a previous agent 
Romeo S.: Okay, can I ask for your reference number please?
Vitor: Oh yes, sorry
Vitor: Here
Vitor: [Mod Removed].
Romeo S.: That's okay, one moment while I pull up your reference number.
Romeo S.: For security purposes, I've sent a code to your email or your mobile phone. Please check it and provide me the code once you received it, in order to verify your account. 
Vitor: [Mod Removed]
Romeo S.: Thanks.
Romeo S.: Your account is now verified, bear with me while I further check on it.
Vitor: Ok
Romeo S.: Based on the reference number, you're having issue with a 1 month gold subscription?
Vitor: Yess
Vitor: The agent told me to get back if the issue didn't solve in 24 hours
Romeo S.: Oh, thank you for the clarification
Romeo S.: Your now signed-in using the account, [Mod Removed]?
Vitor: Yes
Romeo S.: I'll provide some steps to further isolate this issue. Is your xbox one console now powered on?
Romeo S.: Good. When you tried to sign-in to xbox live, did you received any error message or code?
Vitor: No
Romeo S.: Please go to Settings>>>Network>>>Advanced settings>>>Alternate MAC address>>>Clear.
Vitor: Ok wait
Romeo S.: Sure thing.
Vitor: It's done
Romeo S.: Cool, please power your console off.
Vitor: Ok done
Romeo S.: Please wait for at least 1 minute, then power your console back on.
Romeo S.: Is your console now powered on?
Vitor: I'll turn it on now
Romeo S.: Sounds good.
Romeo S.: Once your console is powered back on, please check if you're able to sign-in to xbox live?
Vitor: Yes, just signed in
Romeo S.: Sounds good. 
Romeo S.: I hope that I was able to put a smile on your face today. Is there anything else that I can help you with? 
Vitor: ?
Vitor: But my issue is with my xbox live 1 month gold subscription
Romeo S.: Sorry about that, I thought you're not able to sign-in to xbox live based on your reference number.
Romeo S.: What seems to be the problem on your xbox live 1 month subscription?
Vitor: I wanted to get that promotion of 1 month free of gold, so I added my card, and clicked on 'buy', and it worked just fine, I got the message 'Congratulations, you now have 1 month'... etc, but when I went to my Xbox I did not have gold at all
Vitor: And when I go to subscriptions on xbox live, I only get the option to buy, but the 1 month free offer is still there available to me
Vitor: But when I try to buy it again, I get an error
Vitor: Two agents updated my subscription, and it appeared as gold, for some minutes
Vitor: Because 5 minutes after, it was gone agian
Vitor: again *
Romeo S.: Thank you for the clarification. As far as I can see here your xbox live gold is active, that's the reason you're able to sign-in to xbox live on your xbox one console.
Vitor: But for me it's showing I don't have a subscription
Romeo S.: On your xbox one console, please go to Settings>>>Subscription.
Vitor: Now it's appearing there
Vitor: What did you do? :P 
Vitor: Cause when the other agents updated my subscription, it was there for some minutes, but then it was gone after
Vitor: Ooooh :(
Vitor: There it is, it's gone again
Vitor: Only thing I see now is ''Learn about Gold membership''
Romeo S.: Actually, I could say it's just a minor Glitch on the system. There's nothing to be worried about, for as long as you can sign-in to xbox live, it means you've an Active xbox live gold subscription.
Vitor: No, anyone can sign into Xbox Live, they just can't play online games without a subscription 
Vitor: And I can't play online games at the moment...
Romeo S.: Oh, I see thank you for the clarification.
Romeo S.: Please sign-in your account on the link/website below.
Romeo S.: www.xbox.com
Vitor: I'm on it
Romeo S.: Sorry for the late response, just checking some information on your account.
Romeo S.: Please go to Xbox Live Gold>>>Join Xbox Live Gold>>>Join Today.
Romeo S.: Then let me know if you're able to see the Free Trial?
Vitor: Yes I am
Vitor: Xbox Live Gold Gold – 1 Month FREE Trial $0.00
Romeo S.: You're no signed-in to, [Mod Removed]?
Vitor: I am using that email to log in
Romeo S.: By the way, that's on BRL currency right?
Vitor: I was on USD, but I changed to BRL now
Vitor: It*
Romeo S.: Hmp, I think I've same information why it's not recognizing your subscription.
Romeo S.: Please sign-in to http://billing.microsoft.com
Vitor: Ok, I'm on it
Romeo S.: Do you see US-Personal Or BR-Personal?
Vitor: It's BR- Personal, but when I click on it I get the option to put US- Personal
Romeo S.: It's already on BR-Personal?
Romeo S.: Good, as I've checked here your Xbox Live Gold subscription is activated Under US account. Here's what we're going to do right now.
Romeo S.: You'll need to change it back to US-Personal, there's nothing to be worried about you'll be able to sign-in to xbox live and play online even if you're now located on Brazil.
Vitor: Ok, I changed it to US- Personal
Romeo S.: Good, it'll take a few hours for the system to successfully update this changes.  I would suggest to keep your xbox one console connected online.
Romeo S.: There's nothing to be worried about, I've investigated your account thoroughly. 
Vitor: Are you sure about this? Because the other agent game me the same end, told me to wait some time
Vitor: I'm just really crazy with this, I've contacted you guys 3 times already, and my subscription is running out while I cant play
Romeo S.: Yup, I'm pretty sure about it. I've been with xbox for almost 4 years now, I've investigated this issue and the only reason it's not showing up is because of the account Region.
Romeo S.: As I've checked the Gold subscription was activated on US region, that's why when you changed it back to Brazil your console is not able to recognize your subscription.
Vitor: But on Xbox.com, isn't it supposed to recognize then?
Vitor: And why is the offer of 1 month free still available 
Romeo S.: On xbox.com it wont recognize any gold subscription at all, you can only check it on your console. The reason it's still showing it's because you weren't able to fully activate it or gain access to xbox live.  
Romeo S.: On  xbox.com, the region below is on US?
Romeo S.: Or it's on BR?
Vitor: Yes, US
Romeo S.: Good. 
Vitor: And on the account tab, you''re able to view subscriptions, it's not only on console
Romeo S.: That's for regular gold subscription purchases, I'm just referring awhile ago for the Trial. Sorry for the confusion. By the way, you haven't purchases any content or games on this account, correct? 
Vitor: But when you updated my subscription, and it appeared on xbox as I said, but it was gone after, it also appeared on xbox.com
Vitor: No... Not yet
Romeo S.: Oh, I see thank you for the clarification. I'll take note on it, our website might have a new update. 
Romeo S.: Here's what I could suggest to avoid encountering any error/issue with this account on the future. Since there's no purchases made on the account yet. It's much better to create a new one, that will be Registered on Brazil Region only. We'll it's just me, if you want to stay on the same account, that's completely fine.
Vitor: I really want to stay on this one, cause I have redeemed codes on it already, and have been beta tester of Gears of War Ultimate edition, that got me some special rewards in the full game
Romeo S.: Alrighty. There's nothing to be worried about, I've completely checked your account  I can assure you that once the system completed the US-Personal changes. You'll be able to sign-in to xbox live and play online.
Vitor: All right, how much should I wait?
Romeo S.: Please wait for at least 24 hours, just to make sure it'll be updated successfully.
Vitor: All right, if it still to not work, should I contact you guys back?
Romeo S.: Hmp, as I've checked here,  you should be able to sign-in and play online. Once the region will be changed back to US. However if you'll be needing further assistance,  yes you can contact us back. I've updated your Reference number. That way you wont repeat your self from the top. 
Vitor: So if I need, I just use the same reference number I gave you?
Romeo S.: I apologize if your experiencing this issue. As your fellow gamer, I don't want you  to experience such problem.
Romeo S.: That's correct, Mate.
Romeo S.: Thank you for your patience and understanding, Is there anything else that I can help you with? 
Vitor: All right, also, if I buy a subscription, will it work? I mean, will it make this issue vanish right away?
Vitor: Or will I lose it like it's happening to this one?
Romeo S.: After the trial expires or End. If you wanted to stick on US, you can purchase the gold there shouldn't be any problem at all. However if you wanted to be on Brazil region. Change your region to Brazil first before you purchase a new subscription.
Romeo S.: Great :)
Romeo S.: I am glad we were able to find the best resolution to the issue today. Do you have additional concerns? 
Vitor: There's something I wanted to ask
Vitor: I've been helping a lot o people around the forums
Vitor: And I wanted to know, how does exactly the level system work on the forums?
info: There may be a problem communicating with Romeo S.. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another agent.
info: Privacy Statement 
You are now chatting with 'Joey'

Joey: Thank you for contacting Xbox Support. My name is Joey. How are you doing today?
Vitor: Oh my god...
Vitor: The other agent just hung up on me
Vitor: And I got transferred yo you Joey
Vitor: I'm having a huge problem, that's driving my crazy, because I had to contact you guys 3 times already :(
Joey: For some reason your chat was disconnected and it was transferred to me. Can you please allow me few minutes to review the transcript?
Vitor: Please do so, I don't want to start all over again
Joey: No worries.  I appreciate your patience
Joey: I got to read the transcript Vitor. Thank you for waiting. He asked you to change the region on your account, right?
Vitor: Yes, on commerce.microsoft or something like that
Joey: Yes I see that. And he is correct when he told you that the system may take the changes within 24 hours. As I am showing now your subscription is good as well as the region is now set to the US
Vitor: It's still not appearing to me yet tho 
Joey: Do you mean the Xbox Live Gold subscription?
Vitor: ''Get the most from Xbox with Xbox Live Gold'' Is what I see
Joey: But may I ask if you are able to connect to Xbox Live and play online?
Vitor: I can connect to xbox live, but I can't play online since I ''don't have gold''
Joey: Oh you won't be able to connect to Xbox Live if you do not have a gold subscription. I wonder why it is not showing. 
Joey: Let me see what I can do for you.
Vitor: That's not correct, anyone can connect to xbox live, even with a free subscription
Vitor: They just can't play online matches or join parties
Joey: Only those who have Xbox Live gold subscription can connect to Xbox Live
Vitor: I can create an account right now, with silver membership and connect to xbox live right away
Joey: When you try to play online may I know what error mesage or code you show?
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to (My email) at the end of your chat.
Joey: I hope I didn’t lose you yet. Are we still connected?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1,225 Applies to:
Answer

Edit: Issue has been solved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Edit:  

Issue has been solved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.