Please HELP! NAT and Party Chat issue!

Hi, I'm new to the forum so I do apologise if I have posted in the wrong place. I have, what seems to be a unique issue with my Xbox One. Me and my flat mate bought XboxOne on its midnight release. We have had an issue since purchase. Our NAT type jumps from Strict, Moderate to Open, both consoles are never both open at the same time. We are unable to turn both our party chats on being in the same party. We are both big players of Battlefield, and that seems to boot us out games a lot and fail to connect to EA online. We are with Virgin Media, 120mb connection, we was both wireless but my friend tried his wired and still have the NAT issue. We have spoken to Xbox on the phone and they seem oblivious to this issue, they apparently have never heard of this problem, I have done every step of the troubleshoot and still nothing, they told me to speak to my ISP, which I did, and they couldn't help either. So now I'm stuck!? If you can help then pretty please! If more info is needed I can give :) Thanks a Bunch Poc

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

You need to go into the routers settings and find the address reservation feature. Might be named differently on different routers.

You need to use address reservation to tell the router to always give each xbox the same IP address. I mean one address for yours and one for you flat mates.

You also need to make sure that UPnP is enabled in the router.

Although not all routers can handle more than one xbox at the same time. My router can't handle two and gives my 360 a moderate nat if I don't switch that on first.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.