Please Help!!! My Xbox is getting hot after 1 hour of play!

Please help! :/

My xbox slim line is starting to get hot after about an hour.

I have never had any problems and always feel the vent and today has been the only day ive noticed its hot.

I know that on alot of forums (wikianswers,yahooanswers, etc.) they have said to make sure that it is in a open space for air circulation.

My xbox is horisontal. The vent ontop of it is 30cm away from the top of the table.

On one side of the xbox I have my headset in the plastic bag it came in and on the other side i have my games and remotes.

Is it better to have the xbox upright (vertically)

Would it help to move the games, remotes and headset as it may block the side vents?

Thankss!  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Make sure there is adequate clearance on all sides of the console including behind it. And that it is not in a TV cabinet or a similarly enclosed space.

Its designed to be stood either vertically or horizontally so it should not really matter which way you have it, but I have always had mine stood upright rather than on its side.
It can get hot depending how hard its working (differs game per game). Has it ever shut down because of overheating?. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

Make sure there is adequate clearance on all sides of the console including behind it. And that it is not in a TV cabinet or a similarly enclosed space.

Its designed to be stood either vertically or horizontally so it should not really matter which way you have it, but I have always had mine stood upright rather than on its side.
It can get hot depending how hard its working (differs game per game). Has it ever shut down because of overheating?. 

[/quote]

The 360 S is designed to be hot. I wouldn't worry about the heat.

Sorry this didn't help.

mine gets hot but not in a hour

Sorry this didn't help.