Please Help: My replacement Xbox One was "Dead on Arrival", and I've exhausted support for almost a month

To Whom It May Concern (I hope this will concern someone):

My name is Brian, and I've been a consumer of Microsoft's innovative products since I sat on my father's lap and learned DOS with Windows 3.1. I'm 24 and a law student.

I've stuck with Microsoft--in sickness (think Windows ME, the blue screens of death, and two xbox 360s failing) and in health--but I'm beginning to contemplate a divorce.

In November, I purchased the Xbox One: Day One Edition. It suffered from a grinding disc drive issue (widely reported in the first edition). I utilized the Advanced Exchange Program on February 10, 2014.

Microsoft sent me a replacement Xbox One, BUT the replacement was also non-functional (DOA). So, Xbox Support asked that I return the original and once the original was received, then Microsoft would work with me to replace the non-functional replacement. Microsoft received my original console.

I've been trying for almost three weeks to get a replacement sent for replacement #1. Xbox Support "escalated" my case and said that the Advocacy Team would contact me in 48 hours. I waited 48 hours. Nothing. I contacted support again and was told that a high systemic level of support requests necessitated me waiting for at least 96 hours. Support said I would get a response no later than March 2. I waited until March 3. Nothing.

Tonight, I contacted support. I was told that I should have heard from someone by now and that they would "re-escalate" my case. Again, I was instructed to expect a possible 96 hour wait.

I paid over $500 to continue my relationship with Microsoft; however, I didn't realize it was going to be a relationship filled with ineffective troubleshooting and disregard for the customer.

Please help remedy this situation.

Best,

Brian 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.