PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I recently had no problems at all with my console until 3 or 4 days ago I turned it on to play GTA 5 and I was told a title update was needed so I let it do its thing then it restarted and then all of a sudden my profile was corrupt, I deleted it and called xbox customer service and they helped me and I re-downloaded my profile. I thought all was well then went to play GTA 5 again and got hit with the unreadable disc error. Since then I have spent hours and hours on the phone to you guys doing everything like putting my GTA  game in another console and clearing my chache and even formatting my hardrive, still no joy. After following all the step you guys gave me my xbox is now worse off than when I started, I now turn it on and it says needs system update but has no space so I go to make space and it says unformatted again....thats odd I think and format it again and it does its thing and STILL says Unformatted??? WTF?? I have now lost ALL my game saves as I could not get on the cloud as my profile says Corrupted each time I turned it back on, I cannot play ANY GAMES my xbox live membership is useless and I have lost all my games with gold etc. The last time I spoke to Customer services I asked if I could speak to the same person I spoke to last time to save explaining EVERYTHING again and the lady I spoke to was rude to me and said it could not be done. This is not good enough. Microsoft and RockStar Games had better compensate me somehow.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sounds like your hard drive died.  If it's still under warranty you can go to myservice.xbox.com and get it replaced, if it's not under warranty you can buy a new one.  Your save games are going to be gone unless they are backed up to your cloud.  If you don't want to pony up the cash for a new hard drive you can use a flash drive in the meantime, but it'll need to be 16GB to install GTA V.

Rockstar doesn't owe you any compensation, Microsoft only owes you a new hard drive if it's under warranty, if it's not under warranty they don't owe you anything either.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.