Please help me - I just got this e-mail.

Hi Andrew, My name is Chris with Xbox Global Escalation Support. Thank you for your patience while this issue was investigated. I would like to take a moment to explain the situation surrounding the purchasing issue with your Xbox Live account. It has been determined by our security team that purchases must be disabled on this account due to the detection of suspicious and/or fraudulent activity. I regret to inform you that we are unable to restore purchasing ability to your Xbox Live account. While I understand this is certainly frustrating, please be advised that account security and the protection of your personal information is of the utmost importance to Microsoft. While none of the primary functionality of your account will be effected, you will not be able to make purchases with this account. I understand that you do not want to lose your account and so I would like to provide you with a couple of workarounds. You can purchase physical game discs and downloadable content (DLC) codes from The Microsoft Store or other 3rd party retailers. You can create a secondary account on xbox.com and make purchases on your console using that account. As long as the content is purchased on your console, you can use it with any Xbox Live account that is downloaded to that console. I understand that this is not an ideal solution and I apologize that we are not able to resolve this issue as you would like. Given the nature of this issue, there is no further support that Microsoft or Xbox representatives can provide. You may receive an email survey in a few days asking you for feedback regarding the support that I provided. I would appreciate if you could find a few minutes to share your thoughts. Your feedback will help us improve the Xbox customer support experience. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced and I appreciate your understanding and patience while this problem was investigated. If any other issues arise you may contact Xbox Customer Support and someone would be happy to provide further assistance. Sincerely, Christopher E

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This has either happened because I brought my Xbox one to my parents house in Northern Ireland and played it on a different IP address, that I spent too much money on Neverwinter or that I moved house and changed my billing address. This is unbelievable . I'm so disappointed. Any suggestions? I've been with Xbox since I bought Tiger Woods 2006 and been on Xbox live since Call of Duty 4; I've invested so much time and effort into my account and I can't buy physical copies of games because my disc drive broke and I don't want to make a new account. And you can't buy neverwinter from Microsoft store a d you can't transfer neverwinter zen across accounts. They have not even gave me a reason for any of this and haven't even spoke to me . Please help.

Contact support via phone to verify your security details etc. & they should unblock your account.

Not sure why the email would say there is no more help they can give you as that is untrue.

What happened? did they resolve your case? I'm in the same situation here :(