Please Help: Flicking Screen and Audio While "Watching TV"

Hello!

Got a weird problem that I cant figure out:

When I "Watch TV" on my Xbox One the screen and audio flicker (or blink)- even when I hit the pause button on my cable box the tv broadcast will pause like it should but the screen keeps blinking. I just tried to Snap something (Watch TV on main areao f the screen and have something else on the side). The main part of my TV screen is flicking because I'm watching Tv, but the side area of my screen with Netflix on it is perfectly fine.

Just got off the phone with Shaw (cable provider) and they don't know what to do- they suggested I unplug and then replug in my cable box, which I did, but didn't change anything.

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

support.xbox.com/.../poor-video-performance

Try the solutions on that page, let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm also with Shaw (DCX-3400 with the older UI) and I had the same thing almost where it would blink off/on every second or so for the display; however, the audio wasn't interrupted at all. I suspected it might have been something with HDCP as I had been having problems recently where the PVR would give a DVI error while connecting to my receiver and not show anything.

My fix ended up being switching out the HDMI cable for a different one in the house (both were stock Shaw/Motorola cables.) and it stopped blinking. Try that?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.