Please Help! Can't connect to Xbox LIve so I can't perform the update...

Beyond frustrated...

I can't connect to Xbox live so my son's xbox 360 is doing nothing but costing us the money cost.  If we didn't buy this unit with a 2 year xbox live agreement, I would have thrown this thing away and switched to a different gaming platform all together.... Yes I'm frustrated. 

It says I need to update the system... but it wouldn't connect to xbox live....

Here's what I've tried / info:

• Tested the network connection. It see's connectivity to the internet but when it tests the xbox live connection it stops and says I need to do and update
  •  When I try to perform the update it gives the Status Code: 40A3 - 0000 - 3080 - 0504 - 8007 - 0070
  • Tried switching my wireless connection to a hard wired connection to the modem... same result
  • Powered down my modem and the unit, waited 5 minutes.... same result
  • I chatted with someone with Xbox support... that was a waste of time
  • I've contacted my ISP... there's not a firewall settings or anything that would prevent connection to xbox live according to their support
  • I've tried to do an update with a USB and it didn't work for me

Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions are appreciated.  I see this same problem all over, but haven't found any real solutions.

Thanks in advance..

Jason

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Hello,

I'm aware that this issue can be frustrating yet everything can be fixed. Follow the next steps to locate your update issue:

1 Make sure you have storage space. The latest console software update requires at least 190 megabytes (MB) of storage space (or 256 MB if you live in Japan). If you do not have enough free space, you need to move or delete some items

2 Clear the system cache. Removing the temporary files on your console might solve the problem.

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

After clearing the cache, try the update again

3. Reinsert the storage device. If you’re using an Xbox 360 Memory Unit or a USB flash drive instead of a hard drive, remove and reinsert the memory unit or USB flash drive. If you have a hard drive, try removing and adding the hard drive again

4. Download your profile again. In some cases after an update, you might get the message "Connection to the Xbox Live has been lost” when you try to start a game or app, and you may be signed out of your account. To resolve this problem, try downloading your profile again:

From the Xbox Dashboard, go to social.

Select Sign In or Out.

Scroll right and select Download profile.

Sign out of your account (if you are signed in).

Select Download profile.

Enter your Microsoft account user name and password

Keep us posted!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can try all the steps listed at this link.  Including downloading the latest updated to CD/USB

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-8007-0070

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Make annual payments of Xbox Live Gold, but I can not access to play online Informs the error that the email and password are invalid. Upon entering the listing, according to a non-existent e-mail when exchanging e-mail and inform the registered email in Microsoft, NAPO is possible to use the profile you have always used. How to proceed? For there have been a charge on my credit card and I'm not enjoying the service contracted and paid.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Bokao - you should contact phone support if the account that is paying for the Gold membership is not receiving it.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Jason, did you end up fixing the problem?? We are having the same message and we don't know what to do?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, with the same status code,starts at december 2013. I have tried all that stuff, and clear system cache, but anything change...

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. Xbox support really needs to look into this matter. After spending hours trying to find answers, the only conclusion I could come up with is this:

I have a 4gb S model (matte black) which stores updates and system files on the internal memory. Thr problem is that there are corrupted system files. When I delete the files, they appear to be gone. However, when I attempt the update, it brings up the status code again. If I reset my console's power, and then go back to my storage device, the corrupted files plus everything else I deleted from the 4gb internal memory, has returned. I don't understand this and I wish Xbox support would quit copy/pasting stupid responses. There was even a solution mentioned that you need to buy a 320gb hard drive LMFAO!

Sorry this didn't help.

This is [Mod Removed]...I have a brand new 360 and harddrive...so clearly that's not the case.  It won't let me download my profile at all, and it just said I randomly couldn't connect this evening, however was able to play at 5 AM?  This is just nonsense, considering all I did TURN IT OFF between those times, and yet magically Xbox Live is messed...thanks for not even notifying me if there's something guys KNOW is going on...

Sorry this didn't help.