I can't connect to Xbox live so my son's xbox 360 is doing nothing but costing us the money cost. If we didn't buy this unit with a 2 year xbox live agreement, I would have thrown this thing away and switched to a different gaming platform all together.... Yes I'm frustrated.
It says I need to update the system... but it wouldn't connect to xbox live....
Here's what I've tried / info:
- Tested the network connection. It see's connectivity to the internet but when it tests the xbox live connection it stops and says I need to do and update
- When I try to perform the update it gives the Status Code: 40A3 - 0000 - 3080 - 0504 - 8007 - 0070
- Tried switching my wireless connection to a hard wired connection to the modem... same result
- Powered down my modem and the unit, waited 5 minutes.... same result
- I chatted with someone with Xbox support... that was a waste of time
- I've contacted my ISP... there's not a firewall settings or anything that would prevent connection to xbox live according to their support
- I've tried to do an update with a USB and it didn't work for me
Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions are appreciated. I see this same problem all over, but haven't found any real solutions.
Thanks in advance..