please help before i lose my account

ok so iam having a problem with my accout, as of this moment i have the free acount, when i go to login it will sometimes kick me off than when i hit sign in it will take a while and sign me in but than this notice comes up and says "can you receive e-mails at this address" the e-mail address is an old when that i canceled about a year ago, so i click no i cant recieve e-mails at this address it than comes up with a new notice saying oh no you cant recieve e-mails at this address you account is unpertected. the only options that it gives me is oh wait this one works or i fixed this online. the e-mail that i have on my dashbord is my new hotmail account along with the e-mail thats on my account here online, if i go ahead and click i fixed this online will it change from the wrong aol address to the right hotmail or will it get all screwed up.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sign into account.live.com with your email & password. If you dont' know your password select "Can't access my account" and reset your password. Once you've reset your password and are signed in and at the "Account Summary" page go to "Edit Security Info" add VALID email, phone, & security question if you dont' have one. Initiate the deletion process for that one email, however it will take 30 days for it to be completely removed from your account.  Add as many security proofs as you can. They do not spam you, this is only for you to reset your password when you need too, or if you want to purchase stuff on xbox.com and MSFT needs to verify you.  If you can verify the emails, but they may ask you to access the one email you can't.  Sometimes adding valid proofs will override them asking you to verify that one email you can't access.  If it's still bugging you after you've added valid proofs re-download your profile. This should work. There is no way around not getting on the computer though, phones may work, but you need to update your security info and it's going to bother you until you do.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.