Please help ASAP can't get on Xbox Live Code: 80072EF3

When I was getting on Xbox Live tonight for some reason it says disconnected from Xbox live and then makes me sign in with my email and password for no reason (never had it set up to require my password and email nor do I want it to enter my email and password every time I log on) after I enter my password and email in (Which is correct because I can sign into my account on Xbox live and the email itself it then signs me into Xbox live and shows how many friends are onlineshows friends signing into Xbox Live if I stay at the screen for a while and I can see the dashboard and all that in the backround but the next screen says Add Security up at the top but then says below that want your password to be remember? (When I get to this menu the box is already checked in and I can click on the box if I don't want my password to be remember'd) So I click next with the box checked in to remember my password and then it freezes for a few seconds and the circle starts spinning and then I get a pop up that says

*Up top in the little grey bar* A red X and then says Account Info

Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later.
Code 80072EF3

So I see that and I google it look for answers on the Xbox forums and I see all these people talking about similar or the same problem I have and how some people's hard drives are corrupted accounts are corrupted people deleting their accounts and when they go to re-download them it says the email and password is wrong even though they can sign into www.xbox.com like me accounts getting stuck in limbo and when they try to download their account again it saying their account it currently being used or what ever I'm really nervous to do anything and I also don't like giving my info to

I'm scared that if I delete my profile that I will not be able to recover it and run into even more problems 

Also I want to mention this may be my problem but I'm not going to do anything until I get answers from here

When Microsoft came out with the two step verification I made a second account and connected it to my main account so I could sign into Xbox Live but ever since then every now and then when I would sign into Xbox Live I would get a pop up when signing in saying something like 

Add additional security proofs to your account (I added a email)

And then it would say is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** you? can you get emails here?

And then would give me three options yes I can get emails here no that isn't me or add a new email 

Whenever I would see this I would just hit B and it would back me out to the account selection screen and then sign back into my account to bypass this could this be what is happening but glitched and is there any other way I could verify that *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my second account beside through signing into Xbox Live?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks for reading

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

www.xbox.com/.../Security-Checklist

^That is the two step thing I was talking about I set up a email for it and when I would get a popup asking me to confirm *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was me I would just bypass

forums.xbox.com/.../1520644.aspx

forums.xbox.com/.../1799899.aspx

forums.xbox.com/.../3172412.aspx

forums.xbox.com/.../1620543.aspx

A list of other people with similar or the same problem as me and if you look at what they have to say it what ever they try doesn't work for 90% of them and when they try to do anything it messes up their account even more so I'm too nervous to anything

BTW: This is not the account in question I never sign into my Xbox Live account email more then I have too because I'm very OCD and always think that my account will be stolen I also don't like sharing any info with anyone on the xbox support phone number just because I'm scared my account might get stolen but It's not like I can call them now currently anyway it's 2am where I live I will just wait for tomorrow

Also I was playing fine on Xbox Live yesterday this only happened when I tried to sign into Xbox Live tonight

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDW6-OCc04I]

That is my exact problem with a different error code though and I'm not going to try what he did in the video but I was reading the comments and someone was saying a glitch happened and anyone who had this happen to them will lose their account because of a glitch someone and he had a friend that lost his account because of this please someone tell me this isn't true

Sorry this didn't help.

HI, FangedSafe124: I dont know if you have my same problem, please read my link posted yesterday: forums.xbox.com/.../1621013.aspx

ITT Technicall Manager

Sorry this didn't help.

I signed out of all xbox live accounts and I did a connection test on my xbox and it said everything was up and running so then I turned off my xbox and turned it back on and it let me sign into my Xbox live account

What was that all about?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, this should help resolve your issue,

Please clear your system cache to perform a maintenance on your console. (Do this at least twice)

Then download your profile.

Many people had this issue and this has helped resolve the issue.

Keep us posted if anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not need to try this possible fix because it is letting me sign into my account again I don't know why it was messing up on me like that but if it does happen again I will be sure to try this and if not will be back to the forum with my problem

Thanks for reading and taking the time to try and help

Sorry this didn't help.

Sometimes it is a service issue, but temporary. If it happens again, give it an hour or two, then take action if needed.

Sorry this didn't help.