Please fix party chat on the Xbox One!

Myself and all of my friends have good internet and open NAT's. It seems like more and more we are trying to join each other's party chat and we'll get, "Due to network limitations, party chat is unavailable." Not just my friends, but I've seen people with this all over the forums on many websites. I'm sure Microsoft is working hard, but please fix this. Connecting with friends should have been and still should be a number one priority overall.

I've done hard resets, resetting modem/router, etc. If there is an actual fix to this, please feel free to post everyone can see. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

theres not an official permanent fix for this but I do know one that works a good portion of the time. go into your settings, select network, then advanced settings, select "alternate MAC address" then select clear and it will force restart your console and then party chat should work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

After the update I get that error all the time. Due to network limitations.  Wtf? Hard reset my xbox and it works. Please fix this it's 6 months now and party chat is still a joke.

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same issue, nat is open did a hard reset, to no avail... Pls fix this!

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Dormant! It may help to cycle your network hardware, too. Shut down your console, and then unplug your console, router, and modem from their power supplies. Wait 2 minutes, then plug in your modem. Let it boot up fully, then plug in your router. Let that boot up, and then finally plug in and start up your Xbox One console.

If you don't see any change after that, please start a new thread with as many details on the issue as you can provide. Include the exact error message you see, if it happens with a specific person or with multiple people, what you've tried so far, and even the results from a Network Connection Test in your console's Network Settings. This can all really help us pinpoint the issue and get you back into Party Chat with your friends.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not happy

Sorry this didn't help.

Greeting everyone,

In addition to what Misses Joust suggested, remember that the Xbox One console is still relatively new. There are still plenty of kinks and errors that need adjusting. These things take time. The best thing you can do is to keep reporting the issues that you are having so that the Devs can be notified and have solutions faster. At this point in time, the Xbox One has a much higher rate of solutions to errors than the Xbox 360 did in it's first year. By leaps and bounds.

Sorry this didn't help.