PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP :( Xbox one issues

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP :( I don't really fully understand about the whole Blu ray regions. I've bought a load of Blu rays from HMV, Only the odd few will actually play on my Xbox One but the others will not, I've looked on the case and some say A and some say B.... But these are not playing at all, all I get is a black screen with nothing but the lower menu (play,stop, fast forward ect) No error code or nothing saying that the Blu ray can't play, just a black screen! I'm from the U.K and only recently bought my xbox one last week, the odd thing is that I watched X Men origins - wolverine and on the Xbox one the other day (on the back it has A and B) but I've just put it in to play.... Nothing, black screen. I've not contacted Microsoft as of yet. Just wondering if anyone is having the same issues. Stressing me out as I've spent a fair bit of money and expected more Blu rats for Christmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Although a large portion of all Blu-ray movies are region free (when this is written about two-thirds of all Blu-ray movies are region free) below is a map of the official regions.

Region A: America, Japan, Korea, South East Asia

Region B: Greenland, Europa, Africa, Middle East, Australia, New Zealand

Region C: China, India, Russia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Central, and South Asia.

Strange, the Region B movies should play on your XB1.. :/  

Source: www.blu-ray.com/.../info.php

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what to do, the one Blu ray worked last week but as I've gone to watch it tonight it's just gone to a black screen, pressed play and nothing :( On the case it has A & B. Tested the other ones and the new 'man of steel' worked, I've even revisited the sure I bought the Blu rays from and it say region free so I'm lost, confused and stressed lol May just have to ring up Microsoft, I've looked at other peoples posts and some that don't work on there Xbox ones, works on others, you'd think for the price you pay for the console they would work

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I'm sure when you do contact support, they will ask if you have tried resetting your XB1.  if not, I would give it a shot..

Sorry this didn't help.

I've turned it on and off a number of times, even on the mains but still the same result.

I've looked at the xbox website and it says the xbox one only plays mastered Blu rays, sorry I am thick as pig *** lol

Sorry this didn't help.

All it took in the end was a simple uninstall and then install, all Blu rays are now playing.

Why didn't I think of this earlier.

Thanks for your help tho!

Sorry this didn't help.