Playing on XBL causes my cable modem to lose sync...!

This is really odd! I have a virgin media cable connection - the local network remains fine, but the cable modem loses sync and requires a reset to reconnect. It happens anything between 10-30 mins as of yesterday.

I've kept an eye on the modem, and it stays sync'd if the xbox is off, though other devices are connected and being used.

Devices (irrelevant no doubt):

Xbox 360 slim 250GB - ethernet

ipad/iphone/vaio - wifi

Any ideas at all? :( It's causing me big problems playing COD! (lol!)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm going to assume your network is using a router to handle all the devices connected to it? If so then disconnect your console from it, if it is wired, and connect it directly to the modem. Be sure the modem and console are OFF when you connect them, then power up the modem, wait a minute for it to boot up, then power up the console. Now, play for awhile and see if you lose connection. If you do not then your issue lies within your router. If you do then you should contact your ISP and have them run a test on your modem to see if it is faulty.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Appreciate the prompt reply, but that wont work in my case :(

The VM cable modem will only connect to the wireless router - it has no GUI as such, so there's no way to setup IP/DHCP info etc. I tested it there in case I was talking crap, but it doesnt connect to XBL when it's directly into the modem rather than the wireless router.

It's really weird that it's only when playing the xbox :(

Sorry this didn't help.

great - there#s a problem in my area - thanks for taking 2 days to decide that VM!

Sorry this didn't help.