Playing Offline

I recently purchased a Xbox1 and Batman A.K. disc.  I prefer to play offline, single-player, but whenever I try to restart playing the game the Xbox1 instructs me that I have to go online to play.  Before you offer me a canned answer you heard somewhere let me say what I have already done;  I have installed the latest upgrade to my Xbox, I have installed Batman A. K. on my hard drive and downloaded and installed the latest update, I have gone online and selected my Xbox as my Home system and I have rebooted/reset everything with the same results.  Everything I read before choosing the Xbox was that it allowed offline play and that signing in online was not necessary.

Thank you for reading this... 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:

You can play offline just fine but you'll have to select it from the network settings otherwise your Xbox just assumes you've lost connection and constantly tries to re-connect resulting in an error.

You can find out how to do that and more on limitations of playing offline (achievements, recordings etc) right here support.xbox.com/.../using-xbox-one-offline

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the suggestion, Feared. I had been both going Offline and disconnecting from the Network so I tried going Offline but leaving the Network connected, but I get the same message.  It says, "When this Xbox isn't connected we can't sign you in.  This can happen if you don't save your password.  Check your network connection, then sign in."

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.