Playing Mass Effect 2 on two different xboxes

I bought a new xbox a few months ago and put it in the living room.

Just recently I set up the old xbox in the bedroom.  I’d like to play for a while on one xbox – save my progress, then go to the other xbox and start from where I left off.

But I’m having trouble figuring out how to save my progress either to the cloud, or a thumb drive. I've sucessfully saved files on a thumbdrive in the past when I only had 1 xbox. I've just recently enabled the cloud on both consoles.
Thing is, I can’t seem to find the file on my hard drive?  There is the ME2 folder with DLC, and a save game from months ago, but not my current progress.

Its funny because I can save my progress while in the game and pick up from that save point (on 1 xbox only).  Which means it’s gotta be saved somewhere….

Or should I have selected something other than my HD when I first started the game?  Where are the saved files?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 61 Applies to:

The date that is written next to your Mass Effect 2 save is when you first started a new game, so the save file that is in your ME2 folder will be your current, in progress game.

E.g If you first started playing ME2 on the first of january, then the save file will always have january the 1st next to it.

To use this save file on your other Xbox, go to SYSTEM SETTINGS, select STORAGE, then choose the Hard Drive.

Find the relevent ME2 save, press the A button and you will be presented with 3 options: COPY,MOVE, DELETE.

Select MOVE (the copy option isn't allowed) then  choose the CLOUD.

Your ME2 save has now been taken off your console and stored in the cloud.

Now, when you go to use your second Xbox to play ME2 and you are asked to select a storage device, choose the Cloud.

You should now be able to cotinue the game where you left off.

Just remember you will have to download your main profile for use on the second Xbox to continue the game; to do this go to the SOCIAL tab on the Dashboard, then SIGN IN OR OUT, scroll to the right and select DOWNLOAD PROFILE. Have your Windows Live ID (email address) and password at the ready.

And, as your ME2 progress is now being saved to the cloud, you will always have to select the Cloud option when you cotinue the game on both consoles.

Lastly, if you want to move your save back into the hard drive, go to SYSTEM SETTINGS, STORAGE, CLOUD SAVED GAMES, select Mass effect 2, MOVE then HARD DRIVE.

The only problem using the Cloud is you wont be able to access the DLC, which means everything i have just written is probably no help at all.

Oh well, someone may find it useful.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, spawq! Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Have you come across this page before: support.xbox.com/.../cloud-save-games ? It explains the process for how to set up cloud storage. Would you mind walking through the steps listed there and let me know if you're able to get it working? Hope this helps! Keep me posted and please let me know if you have any questions. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the fast response!  

I will attempt to use these steps.  However, I did a little test today where I started a completely new character.  The game asked me what save device I wanted to use. This time I picked the thumb drive.

I hope your suggestion will work as I did try to move the old file to a thumb drive, but the xbox told me I couldn’t transfer it.

I’m replaying ME2 so I can have a save file to import into ME3.  It turns out that you can’t use the final save file to import into ME3 while it resides on the cloud.  But from what I hear, you just download it back onto the hard drive, and then import it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just went through this as the console I was playing on began to fail (MW3, green and pink dots). You will need to Move the ME2 profile data from the console to the USB flash drive. Copy isn't permitted for the profile data. In addition to Moving the profile to a flash drive, you'll also want to put a copy of all the DLC you're using on the flash drive (Arrival, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Zaheed, Kasumi). Without the DLC used by your profile, you won't be able to load a game saved on the profile.

Once everything is on the flash drive, you can move between consoles at will. This does not impact your ability to import your ME2 character into ME3. I finished ME2 on a different console, then started ME3 and was able to import my ME2 saved character.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I got the cloud save to work.  And I already had the DLC on the old xbox, so no problems there.

I am a little wary that when I attempt to import the final save game into ME3 that there may be some problems. However, I'll cross that bridge later.

Again, many thanks to you all!

Sorry this didn't help.

My Shepard originated from ME1. Whatever import problems they were having with ME1-originated characters appears to have been fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

I’ve read online that you can’t see final ME save files on an xbox.  They are hidden.

Well I had finished ME1 and 2 on the old xbox.  I used the official M$ xfer cable to the new 360S HD.  

Then I tried to delete everything off the old xbox HD, as I thought I was going to sell it.

But instead it just sat in its box in the den.  

Then I was only using the new 360S.  When I got ME3, I read that the only way to move the end game file between different xbox HD’s was the official M$ xfer cable.  

I figured I was good to go.  But the ME3 importer said it couldn’t find a file to import.

So I put in ME2 and ran the importer from ME1 to 2, and it worked just fine.  I don’t know why the ME2 final file can’t be found…

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, everything worked out good.  I had my save game on the cloud. Got to the next to last mission and moved the savefile onto one of the xbox HD, finished the campaign.  Then started up ME3 importer.  At first it just sat there. So for the first minute and a half, I was grinding my teeth.  

But then it found the file and imported.  I launched ME3 campaign and it showed my Shep.  He even looked exactly the same.  (Except his skin tone was slightly darker-no biggie!) Several folks have had the face come out wrong, or too different. But now I’m several hours in and no probs!  YEAH!

Thanks for all the help!

Sorry this didn't help.