Playing Gears 3 has wiped my Gears 3 Beta save file data.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I couldn't really find any other section that was more relevent.

I played every week of the Beta for Gears 3 and unlocked everything there was to unlock. I knew very well not to delete the save file relating to the Beta and didn't. I even checked just before Gears 3 came out and it was still there.

I popped Gears 3 in the 360 and waited for the update to install and fired up the game. It went through the whole checking achievements and everything else and gave me the Medal for reaching rank 100 in Gears 2, the unlocks for the other achievements I had too. It then went through checking for Beta unlocks and gave me the gold retro lancer but nothing else.

If it gave me the gold retro lancer then the Beta save file must've been there as there's no other way to unlock it.

I read online about people having trouble getting all their Beta unlocks and knew I wasn't alone and that it would be sorted. So didn't worry too much.

After a few days of still nothing I decided to make sure my Beta save file was still there, no idea why, I must've got paranoid. To my amazement, it had vanished completely off my hard drive.

It was there before I played Gears 3 and has now disappeared without a trace.

I'll say this again for those that will assume I deleted it, I did NOT delete it. I checked just before Gears 3 came out and it was still there.

I've tried posting the same on the Epic forums but have got no response other than one person saying the same thing happened to them too. So it's not an isolated incident.

Do I have any recourse of action or am I up you know where creek without a paddle?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

An update on the situation.

I've had another look through my HDD on my Xbox and came across a game save for something called "Unknown Game"

When I clicked on that it opened up "Gears of War 3 Beta Title Update #1"

The file size is 487MB

So something relating to the Beta is still on my HDD but because it's in a folder labelled Unknown Game Gears 3 can not read it.

Does this help me in anyway?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey OP, have you tried moving that file onto a USB stick, to see if the game reads it any differently then?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.