Playing game from HD

Hi,

I have installed me game to the HD but I dont seem to have the option to play the game from HD

It keeps loading up from the disc

Can anyone help ??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

When you install a game to the hard drive, the game will always run from the hard drive unless it is uninstalled.

I see that you have played Gears of War 3.  If you are talking about this game, the disc will spin in the console for about 1-2 minutes as a security measure.  Gears of War 3 is using a new format of disc that was added in the most recent Xbox Dashboard Update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All discs installed to the Xbox 360's hard drive still require the disc into the drive in order to run. This is a security measure to ensure that you own the game. However, the game will be run off of the hard drive! It will just check the disc periodically to ensure that it's still there. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Eh, not really. Prior to GOW3 (the new protection system), a game would spin up a disc, check to see it was there, and then be quiet for the rest of the play session. You wouldn't even hear the drive spin up since identifying what was in the drive didn't require 12x.

GOW3 spins up the DVD drive to 12x and keeps it running at that speed for about five minutes. This is noticable on consoles with older, LOUDER DVD drives like the Halo 3 console that I tested it on. The drive does spin down eventually. After I'm in-game in GOW3 I can't tell if the drive spins up again as the game is louder than any DVD drive.

Sorry this didn't help.