Playing Dark Souls online with Xbox running the same Live account

Greeting all,

I'm having an issue that I've found others having but have not been able to locate a solution. I have had an Xbox live account for a while that I use to play games on the Xbox and watch Foxtel (cable) through the Xbox. I recently purchased Dark Souls and registered the key to my usual Microsoft account. When I attempted to play I discovered that loading the game logs me in to GFWL and kicks the xbox off. As our Foxtel runs through the Xbox it has to be on all the time which prevents me from playing this game at all.

I understand now why this is done but it doesn't help me as I have just purchased this game and can't play it. I talked to the store that I bought it from and they stated that it cannot be returned and I must take my dispute up with Microsoft.

So basically I'm asking if there is any solution or if I have just wasted money on a game I cannot play?

Regards,

Ben

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Hacky! So just to be clear: You bought the game for PC and you're trying to play it on your Games for Windows Live account, but it logs you out of your Xbox 360 console whenever you log into GFWL? Are you able to run your cable without being signed in on your Xbox 360 console? If not, are you able to leave the console signed off for a bit while you play the game then log back in on the console whenever you're done playing the game on GFWL?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.