Playfire

Has anyone heard of or used this website before?  Is it just another achievement tracking site that similar to raptr?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yer .. i've used it !  like you said its just another achievement tracking site. nothing special

If you do sign up then make sure not to enter your Windows Live ID and password when asked or they will spam your friends lists with invites to the site.

-

They claim not to keep the information but they certainly do keep it, at least long enough to use your account to send messages.

Just signed up for it. Seems to be a stat site. Although it allows you to keep track of your Live, PSN, Xfire and Steam accounts

[quote user="voteDC"]

If you do sign up then make sure not to enter your Windows Live ID and password when asked or they will spam your friends lists with invites to the site.

-

They claim not to keep the information but they certainly do keep it, at least long enough to use your account to send messages.

[/quote]I got some of those a few weeks ago, it sends a link that makes it look like your friend set up an account for you. I gave it a miss I just don't trust a site that isn't secure and asks for your accounts wlid.

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

-

[/quote]I got some of those a few weeks ago, it sends a link that makes it look like your friend set up an account for you. I gave it a miss I just don't trust a site that isn't secure and asks for your accounts wlid.

[/quote]I got one a couple of days ago. There is no way I'm giving them my live ID and password.

@OP, Yes Playfire is a Achievement/Trophy tracking site much like Raptr. I like Playfire's UI more then Raptrs though. very nice looking site for the most part. Bad marketing for it lately, but who doesn't have that at some point in time.

[quote user="Inapplicable"]

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

-

[/quote]I got one a couple of days ago. There is no way I'm giving them my live ID and password.

[/quote]

Yes this is why i was wondering what it was, i checked my xbox messages y'day for like the first time in 3 months and some1 on my friends list had sent me a link to playfire which had my gamertag in.

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

Yes this is why i was wondering what it was, i checked my xbox messages y'day for like the first time in 3 months and some1 on my friends list had sent me a link to playfire which had my gamertag in.

[/quote]

I had one of them too. Went to the link and it asked for my Windows Live id password, so I just loaded up the main site and joined that way (asked to create own password).

i wished i read these comments BEFORE SIGNING UP.  OMG  . If it was legit.... then why can't i go to the site anymore? evidently something wasn't right.... because its now shut down. I made the mistake of using windows live I.D.  now I am going to have nightmares about anything happening to my accounts in the future. Who is to say they didn't secretly store all your info in a back-up database. any criminal would do so. Go to your bank. Talk with an account representative. Tell them you may be worried about possible future issues with your accnt. # .  I opened a separate account for specifically internet use only. this way if my number gets compromised it is more easily tracked. READ YOUR MONTHLY STATEMENTS. If something doesn't look right... call your bank immediately. If it is legit.... they will re-bill you, or contact you in regards to the money you owe. if its not legit.... you won't see it again.  I suggest a bank that offers TOTALLY FREE CHECKING. Tell them it is an additional account for internet use. tell them, you don't need checks, (banks will charge you). No overdraft protection. ( if it gets stolen online, They can rack-up the charges before it is detected) so, no frills.   banks use the money in your account to invest in the market and stuff. thats how they make money. the fees and stuff are just b.s. thats why back in the day, banks would offer accounts that drew good interest. that's how you could deposit $100,000 and live off the interest. but now they will suck you dry....fast. This was my first achv. tracking site and my last.... there wasn't really a point to it... wasn't that great.... and didn't function right. (never got my badges)(neither did my family/friends) I will not sign-up for any tracking site....ever.      Best wishes in the new year to everyone.

@above  .... o.o