Player Threatening Others By Banning Accounts

I know there is no name shame but I'm only going to refer to what he said.  Who I thought was a friend that I could game with on COD anytime just became my prime enemy. Now this part is unfortunate because me and him were having a blast owning others @ CTF and other game modes, little did I know he didn't say anything about me getting on his bad side. Now I know players tend to do that quit often but this to me was a situation I was totally unaware of. So I removed and sent him a message regarding his intolerable act over a video game.

His reply was "Dude it's not a grudge. you're a nooby player that boosts to get his KD up and who obviously cheats, you act like child, it's what I HATE! about you. Get a life, I know you got nothing better to do then harrass me because you got no real friends! (I'm not offended in anyway), if you don't stop, I'm going to report you for cheating and get you banned from Xbox Live!"

Me "I mssed the part where I made you mad, but It's going to take a lot more than just you to kick me off XBL so go hard at it, but you have no hard physical evidence that I cheated so your complaint is invalid!

Him "Nah but I do have friends in high places and if you reply again you will be banned!".

Now I'm not really going to take his word for it but I do wonder if he means that someone from Microsoft he knows that wouldn't hesitate. I know this is confidential for you guys to not exploit but can someone that he probably knows do that without physical evidence?. I filed a complaint for "Voice Message" and I have physical evidence about his abusive message that I know the enforcement can take action on and I won't delete until they do.

This is my main account which my second that had more progress than this one got gmrscore banned due to improper achievement progress. I have started over again on my main one as you see and I am now further than before and I learned from my first mistake. I promise you that no cheating has ever been involved on this account and never will be. Whatever happens in the games that I do play that others may find system tampering really is due to improper internet connection.

I just want to be safeguarded knowing what someone says is full of nonsense. I have removed him and I blocked communications but I still have his abusive messages for evidence.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear your statements regarding similar situations.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

A player cannot ban you. They can only report you, and If you did nothing wrong (i.e. modding) then you have nothing to worry about. Read the terms of use if you're still concerned.

The best thing to do: report, block, and move on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your support, I also just came across a topic which someone suffered from DDoS and am wondering if he means this to. It seems like a messy thing to happen to someone but with computer geeks, who knows what they're capable of. I know my fair share of technology myself but there are certain limits that can't be exceeded without knowledge to back it up. But any how, thanks again. My conscience is simmer now.

Sorry this didn't help.

There are plenty of immature people who will threaten to ban/ hack you. It's a pretty standard threat. So, as I said, report, block, and move on. Pay them no attention.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please report this user from your Xbox360. If you feel worried about yoru account still call 18004MYXBOX and speak with a support agent about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's all good, but thanks for the advice, I left well enough alone. I know when I've gone too far.

Sorry this didn't help.