Player hacking my I.P Address

Hello Xbox Support team. 

I had a player by the name of [Moderator removed: Please do not name and shame other LIVE members on the forums] was messaging me about killing people on GTA 5.
After i messaged him he told me that i shouldn't have done that and got my IP Address and hacked and shut off my internet. I want something done about this because this is illegal. Either ban him or block him, I dont care but please do something. This actions have to stop because this is not the first time. Please help. 

Thank You Xbox. 

FSG Foxhound

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Calling out other gamers is not allowed on the forums. You would need to file a complaint on him via the console if you want the enforcement team to investigate him.

You'll also want to read through this about what to do in the event of a DDoS - support.xbox.com/.../dos-attacks-faq

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Smwutches is right, it is against the Xbox Live Forums Code of Conduct to name and shame.

-

This is not really ' Hacking ' to be technical. This is called a [D] DoS Attack, or a [Distributed] Denial of Service Attack. This is when an attacker floods your router or cable modem with large amounts of packets, until it crashes. This also currently carries up to a 10-year sentence in the United States if brought to authorities. To stop the attack, all you need to do is unplug your router or cable modem for at least 15 minutes, usually giving you a new IP address, which the attacker does not know. If this does not help the problem, consider calling your ISP (Internet Service Provider) about the issue. Most ISPs will be generous enough to give you a new IP address, and some even deflect the packages back the the source. After doing this, find the attacker's profile and block communications and file a complaint against the player on his profile as well.

-

After blocking communications, do not communicate with the attacker in any way, even text messages over Xbox, as he will be able to get your new IP address and resume attacking you.

-

Hope this helps, good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.