Player claims to have stolen my credit card

Hello,

Today, I played a series of FFA in MW2 and a player was upset that I dethroned him. He was winning the game I joined in progress and then the next. I won the 3rd game and I could see his mic icon chatting every time I killed him. I mute my mic while I'm playing. Anyways, after I won, he sent a text message, "acklm-override" and then proceeded to spam me with chat invites. I accepted because I thought he was going to ask if he could FR me and congratulate me or something. So turns out, he's mad and says, "don't you know what that does? I hope you're not paying for your Live with a credit card. In 24 hrs, your account and credit card are mine". I have never filed a bogus complaint before and he had absolutely no reason to be angry with me. This was an unprovoked threat of credit card theft and this is distressing to me. I would really appreciate it if someone from PET would allow me to tell them what his gamertag so that they can look into this. I know that the mod's will edit the gamertag, but perhaps they could make note of it for PET: WrEcKLess5o8

Thanks,

Ryan

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

File a complaint on the gamer.

Considering requesting removal of your credit card from your account (which will result in your account being cancelled) and request a token code for the remainder of your current subscription.

Whether or not the exploit this individual speaks of is true, the threat has been made.  Taken steps to protect yourself and let the Xbox PET do their investigation.  They may or may not end up identifying or banning or suspending this individual; at the end of the day only concern yourself with what's important to you -- your account, your credit card, your reputation and good standing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The guy is a sore player. A troll if you will. Please refrain from posting gemertags on the forums as it is against the rules. I would call the bank just to have them keep an eye on your card. Nowadays you cant be to safe. Remove it from your account if you like. He can't "hack" your account unless you have given him some information. File a complaint on anyone you see breaking the CoC or ToU. If you need help doing is see this post. Harassment, filing a complaint, and managing communication

Sorry this didn't help.

As stated, you have nothing to worry about. A played cannot obtain your credit card information via Xbox LIVE.

Sorry this didn't help.

It'll be some kid in his bedroom who thinks everyone on XBL is the same age as him and thus easy to scare with tales of account theft by opening a message, calling SWAT teams on people and Billy Mitchell climbing out of your telly and punching you in the mouth when you play MW3 on the aniversary of The Bill ending.

God help us all if he's a grown adult. I don't want to even think about that train wreck.

Sorry this didn't help.

You better believe there are hackers on Xbox live!!! Long story short! Placed my Master Card on Xbox live and bought a three month gold. Played it then bought 12 gold from store. Never removed this card from Live. I'm a big fan of my PS3 so did not play much Xbox in the past six months. But bought MW3 a few weeks ago. ( because of the Month early DLC's). Been playing MW3 for a week online then last night ( Black Friday) I got several (5) " ****** player wants to play MW3" invites!!! I'm already playing so WHY DO I GIVE A RATS @@@ about an invite. I'm not even chatting and I'm not a good player either. So later I went to dash board and there was no invites. Less than 12 hours later I got instant emails that games where being purchased on my Master Card!!! WHAT?? Called and spent 45 min on phone with X Live and MY ACCOUNT CREDIT CARD WAS COMPRIMISED!!! Please explain that I asked? The funny part is that card has not been used for any purchases since May 2011. When I added it to Xbox. This is almost Dec 2011. I have only been online with MW3 for less than a week, I went months without playing online, seems so strange all this was just random!!! I think not. Hackers are in Xbox Live! You better remove your info now!!! I have an account being looked over by Microsofts security and I have a canceled credit card to prove there online with Live.  In an adult gamer for life 45 years old so I know a thing or two about Internet security.

Sorry this didn't help.