Play and charge kits

Hello all, I own probably 10 of the play and charge kits, it seems that they go bad in less than a month, I am not hard on my electronics, as I respect all electronic items I own, and have ever owned.

It just appears that these are poorly made. Either the charger cord stops working, or the battery pack will not charge any more, will not hold a charge, nothing.

I do not overcharge them, I let them die 100% before charging them again, once the light on the charger wire turns green, I unplug it and continue playing.

I've tried to return them to walmart/gamestop, where I've purchased them with the receipt, and they tell me that I need to contact Xbox support.

I don't think this is the correct forum for this, but I'm unable to find a hardware forum, so I posted here.

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I gave up on the play and charge kit after 1 died.  I know this doesn't really answer your question, but if you're going to have a cable running from your controller, why not buy a wired controller?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Because I don't actually play with the controller that's being used to charge it. I use a separate controller to charge the pack. I sit too far away to use a wired controller.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.