Play and charge kit problem?

I just got a new 360 and a play and charge kit after a few years without one.My old one, when i would turn the 360 off and the controller was plugged into the console and  charging, all the lights on the controller and cord will go off.

But with this one, I turn off the 360 and the light on the cord that charges the controller stays on.  also, it the light is green, meaning its fully charged. But the icon on the screen when the 360 is on is showing its not fully charged.

Do I have an issue?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 34 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Try using it on some other USB port... Maybe on your PC, cable box, etc. If the problem continues (if this even is a problem) then it's with the battery or charger, if it doesn't, then the issue is with the 360. Personally, I don't even use my Play & Charge with the 360. I keep it plugged into the DVR, which keeps power to it all the time. Mostly, I just have my controllers docked on the Energizer charging station (whatever it's called).

If the problems continue and it´s annoying for you I suggest that you could disassemble your play & charge kit in order to extract the Rechargeable batteries, and use them as any other Rechargeable batteries.

Hope this helps

I found this on a website where someone was having a similar issue their battery was showing green light but was not fully charging properly as it should be, maybe it could be useful. Read Below.

This method can take more than a day sometimes, but continually repeat over and over and over again until it charges properly and the LED stays RED, indicating a proper charge. It may take 30 tries. It may take 300 tries. It will almost always eventually fix the battery though.

1. Plug charging cable in.

2. Charger LED should be RED indicating it's "charging".

3. Wait for charger LED to change from RED to GREEN.

4. Quickly unplug charger.

5. Rinse and repeat.

This will trickle feed the battery, so the charging cable can eventually detect the battery is flat, and will charge the battery as it normally should then.

This method may take awhile, just be patient and stick to the process.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

Try using it on some other USB port... Maybe on your PC, cable box, etc. [/quote]

The Play & Charge Kit won't charge the controller off a PC USB Port OG Pooh, as the Xbox360 uses a rectified circuit for the USB Ports connected to a Controller & the VIR is different.. 

@AusMatt..

It doesn't trickle charge the battery at all (It Spikes it) & you're shorting your Consoles USB ports, by repeatedly plugging & unplugging the device cable & you WILL damage the Consoles USB Interface...

Trickle Charging is at a lower voltage than the specified charge voltage & Spike charging is at the same charge voltage or higher when it spikes/shorts & will also damage your Rechargeable Battery Pack too..

[quote user="KingHackenslash"]

I just got a new 360 and a play and charge kit after a few years without one.My old one, when i would turn the 360 off and the controller was plugged into the console and  charging, all the lights on the controller and cord will go off.

But with this one, I turn off the 360 and the light on the cord that charges the controller stays on.  also, it the light is green, meaning its fully charged. But the icon on the screen when the 360 is on is showing its not fully charged.

Do I have an issue?

[/quote]

Have you got Background Downloads on or are you using Cloud Storage..?? (Which enables Background Downloads & console Reserve/Stand-by power settings)

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

Try using it on some other USB port... Maybe on your PC, cable box, etc. [/quote]

The Play & Charge Kit won't charge the controller off a PC USB Port OG Pooh, as the Xbox360 uses a rectified circuit for the USB Ports connected to a Controller & the VIR is different.. 

[/quote]

Yes it most certainly will. We have four controllers. Until I purchased the Energizer Charge Station (whatever it's called)... If I had to charge two or more controllers at once, I wouild charge one through the USB port on our DVR & one through one of the front USB ports on the desktop. In fact, I have one plugged into the PC at this very moment, and it's charging just like it always has.

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]The Play & Charge Kit won't charge the controller off a PC USB Port[/quote]It will charge off any powered USB port.[quote]as the Xbox360 uses a rectified circuit for the USB Ports connected to a Controller & the VIR is different..[/quote]This is gibberish.[quote]It doesn't trickle charge the battery at all (It Spikes it) & you're shorting your Consoles USB ports, by repeatedly plugging & unplugging the device cable & you WILL damage the Consoles USB Interface...[/quote]The battery pack charges for a short period of time when first attached. When the packs are too drained, they stop charging once that period of time expires (about 10 seconds or so). The plug/unplug method gets enough of a charge on the battery pack so that normal charging can commence.[quote]Trickle Charging is at a lower voltage than the specified charge voltage & Spike charging is at the same charge voltage or higher when it spikes/shorts & will also damage your Rechargeable Battery Pack too..[/quote]This is gibberish.[quote]Have you got Background Downloads on or are you using Cloud Storage..??[/quote]Neither of these things has anything to do with how the Play & Charge kit operates.

I'm not a fan of the Play & Charge kit. The battery pack is just two rechargeable AA batteries. The charging circuit has enough problems with low battery power that it's just not worth the hassles. Better to buy four AA batteries and a wall charger. It costs about the same as one P&C kit and there's always an extra set of batteries ready to use.

IceStorm III... We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I think we can agree that most of what NanoTechSoldier says is gibberish.

I've Tried it IceStorm III & the Charge Light doesn't light up & it will damage your controller & Rechargeable Battery Pack, if you plug it into a PC USB port, as the Xbox360 uses rectified USB Proprietary Circuitry & adds different funtionality to the charge process...

Never Charge your Standard NiMH Rechargeable 1.2V AA Batteries using the Play & Charge kit either..