PLAY & CHARGE KIT--XBOX RUNNING SUPER EXTREMELY FAST!! PREPARING FOR LIFTOFF!!!

I own an Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit.. and recently my controller is having issues staying alive after I disconnect the controller from the USB charger. I can't decide if it is a battery issue or what, but my controller is not living up to the battery anymore. The charger light never makes any sense either, it will show "red" to indicate charging, but will show "green" soon after. If the battery is supposedly full then how come it is dying on me immediately after disconnection? I have only spent a little under 40 hours using this particular battery, and I've owned this charger kit for almost half a year

Something I should note, is that I do like charging it back up even if the battery is not completely dead.. and I'm positive that I'm not the only one who does this.

Anyway, because the only option I've got is to use the controller plugged in to the console.. I did so (with the battery in the controller), and on this one particular occasion, like immediately after 10 seconds of hook up, my 360 started to make an incredibly loud and super fast "fan" noise. I swear I thought the console was preparing for liftoff because it was making so much noise!! It was the noise of a regular spinning game disc, but amplified by like 20x! It was ridiculous!! The console was not even lukewarm at this point, it had been sitting idle all day long. I have no idea why it got so grumpy.

I unplugged the controller from the charger and the 360 was still grumpy, so I panicked and turned the console off by pressing the power button. After a 5-10 second delay.. it finally shut down, but now I'm sitting here wondering what the frick just happened? I'm scared to hook the controller up again.. I don't want no RROD or anything to go wrong with my 360 because of this stupid charging kit.

My console is a XBOX 360 Slim.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Do you have another cable or battery pack combination you could try? It sounds like there might be an issue with your particular combo. How long have you owned the play and charge kit?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.