Plague of the firsts.

I've only been to a couple of the new Game boards that have opened up but I've already witnessed the plague of the firsts.

Those people who for some misbegotten reason have to post 'FIRST!' instead of anything relating to the topic.

This is definitely one of those internet obsessions that I do not get.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does it really matter?  Only 1 person on each board can be first so it doesnt really disrupt anything.

Now people making a new thread just to moan about them ....... :)

Does it really matter? Well obviously it does to me or I wouldn't have posted the thread in the first place would I.

I can kind of understand the desire to be the first to start a thread but why not post one relating to the topic of the forum, rather that just the word FIRST in the topic and message body and run the risk of getting it deleted so no-one will know of said 'milestone.'

I suspect this is one of those internet memes that I'll never grasp the popularity of.

A plague of nonsense

[quote user="ResidentWebbo"]

A plague of nonsense

[/quote]Well I sometimes can't help myself.

Yea the problem carry's over from facebook i guess....it wouldn't be too annoying if someone typed "first" and then everyone realised they can't type it on the same post and congratulated the person for his witty remark,  however, this rarely happens!

That was directed at the idiots who like to type "first" so I am agreeing with you. :)

A a college humour video entitled "we didn't start the flame war" implied, all flame wars begin with someone saying "first post" followed by an equally low brow citizen saying "second post" and someone referring to them both in a derogatory manner.

I agree, I just don't get the concept of wasting effort putting First in threads. Maybe I am missing something, maybe it enhances the quality of life or something lol

Its something that started off on Facebook...whenever a group or Fan Page like Xbox posts a news item, some sad little mong decides its uber elite to type out "first" as soon as they see it, like it means something lol

Give them their 2mins of fame before its deleted...