Phil Harrison Interview

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/425845/interviews/interview-phil-harrison-on-xbox-ones-core-games-charge/

For some reason this interview has really p'sed me off. I don't know if it's just because Harrison is a clown or if he's been made say thing that way.

There wasn't an Xbox One release date, interestingly...

We have said November, and we continue to say November.

Isn't it a little overdue? Surely we're on the cusp of a release date announcement?

We will make an announcement in due course. There are a certain number of marketing reasons why we still haven't announced a launch date, but we continue to say November.

First off that doesn't sound too confident that they even know what they're doing in regards to launch. But the bit that really got me, and it doesn't even affect me was.

With regards to the free FIFA game in Europe, will there be a US equivalent deal?

So, we're in Europe at Gamescom. We're here to talk about games here, and FIFA is obviously key in Europe.

Yes, but with regards to the free FIFA game in Europe, will there be a US equivalent deal?

We're here in Europe, so I'm not going to talk about anything outside Europe right now.

Does Harrison not realise that Gamescom is the biggest games fair in the WORLD? I doubt it, more likely he's trying slime his way out of admitting that the US users aren't getting any free game.

All of his responses are corporate garbage, you'd think they'd get somebody a bit more natural to do these interviews.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do Microsoft have a strategy? are they playing it safe? we don't know the answers cause there's still time for this to go south or upwards. got to admit though he was hard on some answers.

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

Do you really think Microsoft don´t know what they are doing?

[/quote]

No, they don't. Have you been paying attention? Either they don't or they do but they are deceptively and intentionally messing up so they can "fix" their own mistakes. Guess what? People are eating it up.

"Thanks Microsoft for saving us from you! Thanks for getting rid of mandatory Kinect, 24-hour check-ins, changing the indie policies, and the DRM system that you tried to pull on us to begin with. You're my heroes."

Ok, so this thread seems to have become a bit.. Multi faceted. Anyway.. In regards to the OP.. I know what you're saying Favious it does seem a little sketchy in terms of the replies given. Gamescom is a big event and if they were planning on including a game with the American launch, i'd have thought he'd say something? Which leads me to think either they won't or they just haven't decided yet.

That said, after all the *** that's been thrown at them. I guess you can't blame the guy for being extra careful about exactly what he does and doesn't say? Still, people in Europe are starting to get increasingly pissed off of at having their pants pulled down over the prices of things compared to over the water. So it's certainly a good move adding Fifa to try and balance that out a bit!

I'd rather he dodge questions than answer in such a way that will disappoint everyone (again), only to have them backtrack on their statements (again). They are playing it safe for now. Although, I do believe he should've used the term, no comment; I hear it is very useful...

What are you smoking man? Check on google. 499 Euros = $668.06. Microsoft can clearly buy copies of Fifa and bundle them for most of Europe. You mad that they have to pay nearly $200.00 more? This thread is pointless.

I just didn't like the way he answered. Thought it was blunt and deflecting. The answers are what I expected though. Maybe not the last one though about the 360's profitability

so other products in the world add free things in to get Euros a better deal? So what do they get with their TV purchases? Microwaves?

His answers were fine so I assumed you were mad about the release date not coming out. You do realize with exchange rate Europe should get a free game... they are basically paying for it.

Huh? This thread has nothing to do with the release date

Annoyed because there is no release date yet? Get over it. Of all the things to be annoyed with Microsoft about the xbox one  this is just... yeah.