Periodically disconnected from Live (about every 5 minutes for the last two weeks)

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA / Michigan / Lansing
Modem brand & model number: 
Router brand & model number: Netgear WNDR3400 N600
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? I use a wired connection (I tried wireless too, same problem)
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comcast (I have a 15 Mbps connection, not just the crap internet)
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4860
Z: 8007 - 2EFE
ID: FFFF - FFFF
L: 8015 - 1904
Q: 8015 - 100C
T: Wired

A: 192.168.1.254/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.1.1

D: 192.168.1.1 / 0.0.0.0
S:
C:

I keep getting disconnected from Live, during any activity: games, apps, just sitting on the menu.

I have checked my router firmware.  I have reset my modem and my router multiple times.  I have disconnected ALL other computers from the internet.  I have set a static IP.  Nothing helps.

Every time I use Test Connection it shows that the connection is fine.  After using the Test Connection function, I can connect again, but it will drop after about 5 minutes again.

Get it together Microsoft! There is obviously something wrong with Live on your end.  I'm furious.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have an UBEE D3.0 modem.  Forgot to include that.

I have also re-downloaded my profile (successfully).  This did not help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It could be your router is having problems holding the connection. Try connecting directly to your modem and see if you still get disconnected from live.

Sorry this didn't help.

If I connect directly to the modem, it doesn't seem to have an issue.  But I only tested it for about 30 minutes.  Plus, this is not a feasible solution.  A keep_alive signal from Xbox live shouldn't take too many packets.  My conjecture is that someone messed up a keep_alive timer in the latest firmware, such that the Xbox Live logs you out much faster than it should be.

To support this conjecture.  Why is that I can remote desktop into work, play Battlefield 3 on my PC, and transfer large files, at the SAME time, all through the same router and have no issues at all?  Note that I did not do this while using my Xbox Live connection.  In fact, I disconnected all PCs from the router to see if that would help the Xbox Live problem... no dice.

I find it VERY hard to believe that the router can't handle a simple keep_alive signal from Xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. But mine can be periodical. It will work fine for one day then the next it will continuously disconnect me every 15 min or so. I knew I should have stuck with Playstation....

Sorry this didn't help.

Try an alternative router (If you can) and test the wireless on that. If it works successfully, you have a unreliable/faulty router..

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problem ;(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Elite, sorry to hear it! For best results, please create your own thread with a full description of the issue so that we can provide support. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same problem. after i stopped broadcasting then the connection cant hold. disconnected after about 5 minutes. it could be my problem, but i think its just because im not boradcasting. ill check when i get it broadcasting, but that might take a few days as the owner of the network wont let me do that. if it works, then fix your non broadcasting netoworks. i shouldnt have to be unsecure to play online.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Physlo,  I am thinking along the same lines as you on the 'missed a keep alive routine'.

I am geting random disconnects when directly connected to the modem in the dashboard, but in my case only on wired. 360S 250Gig, wireless works fine.

I tried this;

Went back on wired, but put an 8 port network switch in between the Xbox and the router and that seems to work as well as the wireless!!!@#, it helps to keep the ethernet port open.  We use this method when we test some of our ethernet based products at work.  It tricks the PC, (Xbox in our case), into thinking the unit under test is still connected even when doing a power cycle.

It was left on in the dashboard last evening and overnight, approx 10Hrs and did not drop.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Cubik!

[quote user="Psylocubik"]

I have set a static IP.  Nothing helps.

[/quote]
When you configurate Port Forwarding or DMZ make sure you disbale UPnP. Just use one at a time and not simultaneously.

Sorry this didn't help.