Performance of XBOX Live on Day One?

Anyone care to guess what speeds we will be getting day one with people downloading the day one patch and games?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm getting Assassin's Creed to compliment Ryse because I anticipate a lot of network issues at first.

I will only be DL'ing patches so I don't expect any problems on my end. For you people going digital I'd plan on waiting most of the day to play your game.

That is a good question. Being as though MS is using a new team for LIVE, maybe it won't be as bad as many predict. After watching what happened with GTA5, it's possible we could have some issues on Day One. Then again, maybe MS anticipates heavy traffic and will have channels for us to use to help eliminate congestion. Here's to wishful thinking :-)

All I know is that I don't work that weekend so I'm not worried at all.

Hopefully Microsoft anticipated the traffic. Otherwise, the forums will be flooded on the 22nd with digital buyers complaining about not being able to get online, poor prep, bad customer service, putting it right back in the box to sell on, switching to PS4... Oh it will be HELL in here.

Your answer is stupidly fast, they have so many servers it's ridiculous, you will connect to the nearest data-center and download from there, so it's a distributed work load, you will be really stretching out your connection speed if I'm honest, If I oversleep on launch day or miss the door I am going to be M A D.

I really think there'll be more servers than Xbox Ones on Day One, or atleast the moment you plug it in, because the deliveries etc are spread out, the people who went to midnight launches and so on.

Got fastest net around shouldn't be an issue for me.

I hope you're right.

I live in NZ which is 2, 3 or so hours ahead of Australia and several hours ahead of US/UK people. So will be able to get in before the rush and heavy traffic from Americans. Remember Xbox One has 300,000 servers, that's a big difference compared to the 15,000 servers were used to with Xbox 360. And Xbox One has better hardware too. I have nothing to do the whole weekend yay so doesn't really concern me.

My console will hopefully be shipped to me a maximum of about a week after launch, but hopefully that will be enough headroom to miss the launch rush with so many people running out and plugging it in on Day 1.

I think it will be alright.  I will actually be surprised if it goes down.