PC + Xbox in same room, causes major slowdown

Hello,

Recently i have brought my Xbox into my room alongside my personal computer. both are running off their respective wifi adapters ( PC - NETGEAR WNA3100, Xbox - ABG Gray Adapter ) and connect to my NETGEAR WNDR3400 In my basement, around 20 feet down.

When both are in my room, IP address conflicts, major slowdowns in speed, or inability to connect to my gateway are very, very frequent. My router broadcasts natively in 802.11N, which my PC accepts, while my xbox does not, the Gray only recieves in A, B or G. Finding the new black adapter is difficult as no retailers around here have them - apparently you all have emphasis on me spending another extra $200+ for the black console.

I will get any error from Console cannot connect to router, DNS cannot read, MTU is too low, etc. at the same time my pc will be very slow to connect to the internet.

My question is are the two signals, N and G interfering with each other? Currently my xbox is back downstairs having no problems whatsoever. Would purchasing the N adapter fix this issue? Can the pc and xbox be in the same room without interference?

Comments/Answers would be greatly appreciated.  - Nathan/Lank 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Please go to http://speedtest.net on your computer (same network, right?), take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.