PC Wireless Gaming Receiver Not Working

Yes i just got a PC Wireless Gaming Receiver. When i tried to install the software, it said it wasnt compatible. to even open the software to run it. I contacted Microsoft Community w/ Questions. and they referred me to this. I tried running the Compatibility TroubleShooter to fix my problem to try to make it run for Windows 7. i run a W 8.1 OS. and i still cant run the software. any help?

Forums i was using to get it fixed at first: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/xbox-360-pc-wireless-gaming-receiver-not-working/afbbb888-4e4f-4f4b-8c9f-277de1b2b17c?tm=1396915584704

Question Info

Last updated July 10, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

There are two versions of the driver one is 32-bit the other is 64-bit. Which one you use depends on what version of Windows 8.1 you have.  If your PC is relatively modern, it should be 64-bit.  Rather than me enter the same information, this individual has posted a rather good walkthrough regarding installing the receiver on Windows 8.  Take a look at here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_PFdPmdNiM

Let us know how you get on. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I already Did this, and after i set it up, it seemed to read fine. and after i unplugged the driver, and when iw ent to plug it back in, the lights wont even light up like its not even plugged in.

and i was posting about my software not working. It wont let me install the software... look back at the old forums i posted for more information on what i was last stuck on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.