PC to TV???/

is there a way to see whatever is on my computer on my tv. I do have my xbox hooked up from my laptop to my xbox with a cable. thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Turn your computer on television is actually much simpler than it seems. You will only really need is a few cables and patience. Oh, and of course, that the computer has video output.

You need to check if your PC is compatible. If you have a video card (not integrated into the chipset of the motherboard, but the one purchased separately) is probably possible to connect the PC to the television. If you do not have video card, some cards carry the integrated video outputs as well - just check.

There are about five types of outputs of the computer for video: HDMI, DVI, S-VIDEO, S-VIDEO (with capacity for Component Video) and VGA.

Televisions come with newer entries in HDMI, Component Video, VGA, S-VIDEO and RCA traditional (also known as AV). In some cases it is easier to use a direct connection without the need forcables with adapters. That is, a cable coming out of the PC as S-VIDEO and get to the TV as well as S-VIDEO, for example.However, it is not always possible - sometimes because thetelevision does not have the required entry or because there is simply a straight-through cable.

In older televisions (those with picture tube), is more difficult if there are newer entries, such as component video. However, you will find, at least, RCA and S-VIDEO.

list of video outputs from your PC and TV respective entries:

If your TV is conventional (picture tube), is a very important warning: first, change your video resolution to 640 × 480 pixels.Otherwise, your TV may be damaged.

In Windows Vista / 7: In these systems there is a great advantage.When you plug the cable into the TV and turn on the PC, he begins with a notice asking what appearance you want to use (double thedesktop, show different parts or only show on television). Just choose one and give OK

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

2º Second Part:

If the window does not appear, you need to click right on the desktop and choose Personalize and Screen Resolution(Windows 7). Then click on Settings.

You'll find that Windows lists two monitors, with the names of 1 and 2. Just click on any of them and then check the "Extend Desktop" and "This is my main monitor."

In Windows XP, the process is very similar to Windows Vista and7. The only difference is that to open the video settings, just go to Control Panel> Display.
Users of graphics cards from NVIDIA, along with the card driversare installed an application called "NVIDIA Control Panel". You can access it via the Desktop by clicking the right button. Withinthis panel, you'll see an option called "Set up multiple videos" and you can choose the video mode to be used nView.

I hope you can understand my tutorial.I tested at home and gavejust right

Source: blogdocomputador.com.br
Translation: Felipesz

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you helped me a lot

Sorry this didn't help.