Pb with Xbox one installation.

Hey guys, 

My brother got a Xbox one for Xmas, You probably won't be able to find any solution for his pb, but he has a Samsung TV and when he connects the xbox to his tv in HDMI, the TV can't find the Xbox. We can't select the Hdmi option with the remote. Does something is missing? We don't know if it does come from the Tv or the Xbox.  
Did it happen to anyone else ? 

Thanks, 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

are you sure your plugging it to hdmi out not in ?

^Above, Xbox One has an HDMI in as well. Look carefully. The HDMI out is further left, whereas the HDMI in (for Xbox TV Guide) is right.

All right thanks, but we checked and he blugged corectly, out from the xbox and in to the tv. But we guess it's because the tv doesn't do HDMi actually. Even if it gets the HDMI plugs.. really weird. So he may need an adaptator, or you know something like the older xbox, I don't know how it's called, the 3 colors stuffs red white and green etc  

But the image quality won't be great :/

No clue, so frustrating !!

Mate if the tv has hdmi inputs it will be hdmi compatible. There not just there for show.  There must be some other problem.  Can't say what but try over on the support forums. Or better yet ring Microsoft.

Try making sure it is plugged in correctly. Try changing the lead as well. If the TV didn't do HDMI it wouldn't have a HDMI port. Make sure you are changing to the correct channel. It may not always switch automatically. Has it been connected to any other display previously?

Yes I bet :P

I'll call them .

I just wanted to know if it had happened to someone else before. Thanks ,

Unreal Warfare :

No he had never connected any other display before. Just his revious xbox but it was not in hdmi.

Everything is plugged correctly but we just can't select on the tv menu the hdmi thing. It's in grey you know. We have tried everything :/

If it's been set to another display, try setting it up on another display and resetting factory defaults, etc.

all right, We'll try , thanks :)

The xbox one is on right? The tv won't detect it if it's off