PayPal

How am I supposed to buy digital only content such as PowerStar Golf if I can't link PayPal to my account? I don't have a credit card and I hopefully never will.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Debit or pre paid cards.

Do it via ms.com it never works doing it through the console. Didnt for me.

It doesn't let you is the thing.

well ive done it on my account so it can be done. But i had to do it via this site in account and billing.

Have you tried doing it lately? There's no option avaliable. It just says add a credit card or change billing info. No PayPal option!

I just did it the other day - bought two games off the store with my PayPal account, so I'm not sure what'd be going on with yours...

Paypal does stay linked to your account and can still be used on 360, but it seems (at least initially) that cards are the only accepted form of payment on the Xbox One. I am not sure if its possible but you could use paypal on the web to add money to your Microsoft account, then use that on Xbox One.

If you don't have a CC, just buy a bunch of xbox gift cards and add them to your account

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

Paypal does stay linked to your account and can still be used on 360, but it seems (at least initially) that cards are the only accepted form of payment on the Xbox One.

[/quote]

I've used mine on the Xbox One - bought Forza 5 and Lego Marvel on two separate occasions without any issue.  Maybe it's something else they're working out at the moment, but I've managed to successfully use PayPal for purchasing on the Xbox One.

Really? Mine was not listed. I even had to re-add a card that is listed on 360 to my account on X1. I wonder why that is?