Paypal Not Working

My account has been temporarily suspended because my debit card is drained empty. So I was going to add my Paypal account (which has a different card on it). But after entering in my Paypal Account Name, logging in to Paypal (through Xbox.com), and then hitting accept and continue, I received this error...

"The reward method you chose is not authorized. Please use another reward method to request your cashback reward. If you get this message multiple times, contact customer support. Message 8017"

The card on my Paypal account has plenty of funds so I don't understand why it's not working... I just want to watch a Netflix movie and fall asleep....

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

But... I was able to create a new account using Paypal. Maybe because Xbox charged me but money was there so it's an "outstanding" charge? Oh well. Atleast I can sleep in peace now.

There are too many flaws in Xbox's website to hardly do anything correctly, though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, if your account has a billing violation or past-due balance, you'll need to call them up (support.xbox.com/contact-us) and settle it with them before returning to normal use.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.