Paypal message 100

My friend keeps trying to go on my account to buy 500 microsoft points for me but he says he keeps getting message 100 and it doesn't let him add paypal as a payment option. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="KSI GoldRaddish"]My friend keeps trying to go on my account[/quote]Yeah... so that's prohibited as per the Terms of Use. Accounts are to be accessed only by their owners, no one else.

well then it's microsoft's fault for making it so that only people in the U.S. can gift microsoft points.

[quote user="KSI GoldRaddish"]

well then it's microsoft's fault for making it so that only people in the U.S. can gift microsoft points.

[/quote]Um, I'm not sure what you are referring to but people in the US cannot "gift" MS Points either?

Paypal, takes note of your WAN IP Address & It knows when you log on from your computer etc..

If someone else was trying to access your account from another WAN IP Address & doesn't enter correct information the first time.. The server sees it as a security threat & you will get a error or account blocked...

In many cases, when overseas.. You have to remote access your computer & log on to PayPal etc..

We live in the same general area and he got all the right the first time.

Also..... look here for all of you who think people in the U.S. can't gift microsoft points

majornelson.com/.../give-the-gift-of-points

There are also many other places that talk about this.

[quote user="KSI GoldRaddish"]Also..... look here for all of you who think people in the U.S. can't gift microsoft points

majornelson.com/.../give-the-gift-of-points

There are also many other places that talk about this.[/quote]Wow, I'm not sure? I must have missed that but here's the thing, I'm not aware that it ever came to fruition. Maybe it was a Beta? But whatever it was, there is no current Model or Feature like this that I'm aware of.

The date for that Archive is also from December 23, 2007. A little late to be complaining about a Feature that didn't happen in one part of the world? Maybe it's just me?

My friend keeps trying to go on my account to buy 500 microsoft points for me but he says he keeps getting message 100 and it doesn't let him add paypal as a payment option. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

[/quote]Try adding your paypal account on the website. (CLICK HERE)

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

From '07 haha that's funny.

We live in the same general area and he got all the right the first time. [/quote]

You missed my whole point about that... Unless you log-in with your own computer now, PayPal will flag it as suspicious & give you an error, if it is deemed as a Account Security risk... That's why I was saying; "In many cases, when overseas.. You have to remote access your computer & log on to PayPal etc.."

Why doesn't your friend, just open their own PayPal account & send you the money for the MS Points..??

Also, if you have a PayPal Account linked to your GamerTag & your friend tries to use their PayPal Details, It won't work... Only the PayPal Account, linked to your Gamertag, will work for purchases on Live etc..